Carnival Magic or Freedom of the seas?

AdG15

Hello,

I always really like the 'ship A' or 'ship B' threads and look forward to your thoughts on this one: Carnival Magic or RCCL's Freedom of the Seas?

We have sailed the Carnival Legend (first cruise! Amazing), the Liberty of the Seas and more recently the Carnival Conquest and the Freedom of the Seas.

Comparing the last two we loved them both equally.

There were some things we liked more on the Conquest (breakfast burrito's at Blue Iguana's Cantina!) and some we preferred on the FOTS (sports court and sports staff). We are booked on the Carnival Magic this summer.

I think this combines all the things we loved on both the Conquest and the FOTS.

Yet the Freedom of the Seas has a much better score here on Cruise Critic than the Magic.

So, for those of you that sailed both. Which one did you prefer and why?

I have no doubt we'll have an amazing time and can't wait to go, but I am interested in your opinions.

Thanks!

I am sorry that I cannot compare to the Freedom of the Seas.

But the Magic, has been my favorite ship of the 17 Carnival Cruises I have been on! If you loved the Conquest, the Magic is even better!!

Catrin

• 3 weeks later...

I have two teens and we've sailed on both of these ships in the past. Loved them both, but Magic won for a re-booking for next spring. The Magic is by far my kids' favourite ship they've ever been on.

The flow rider is fun on FOTS and the sports court/mini golf. But Magic has the ropes course, a mini golf course and the waterslides. I have to say, the Carnival kids clubs have been the best ones my kids have ever been to and they have compared Princess, RCL, Norwegian and Carnival.

You'll love the Magic :)

Hello to you!

I have cruised on the FOS and LOS a number of times and cruised on the Magic a few weeks ago. There are pluses and minus to each cruise line but it all depends upon what is important to you. For myself, a person who stays up late I do tend to want something to eat late at night, this is where RC is above Carnival because the Promenade Cafe offers sandwiches of many types, salads, cookies, muffins, pastries and pizza and on Carnival they do offer hot dogs, fries/chips up until midnight and pizza 24 hours BUT on the Magic they also offer the Red Frog Pub is open until 1am where you can order a number of items such as ceviche, conch fritters, grouper bites, wings to name a few items offered there.

We LOVE the Alchemy Bar, the mixologists are incredible with the best cocktails. The Magic/Carnival offers the live bands that play late in the evening and we just enjoy listening to the music and in the Red Frog Pub they have an acoustic guitarist there nightly.

We have tried all the specialty dining restaurants on all RC ships and Carnival Steakhouse is our most favorite one of them all.

The Magic and her sister ship the Dream are our favorite Carnival ships, as you can see, we are booked twice on the Magic within the next year perhaps I gave you your answer. ;)

We have been on the Magic 3 times. We haven't done the Freedom, but just got off the Liberty which is a sister ship to the Freedom. I prefer the Magic by far. The Liberty was a beautiful ship, I just was disappointed in the lack of activities. The Magic has the Ropes Course, Mini Golf, Waterslides, etc... The Magic was also recently upgraded.

We enjoyed being on the magic. We spent most of our evenings in the red frog pub and loved it. If you choose the magic, go to red frog and pay extra for the appetizers. The coconut shrimp is delicious.

Mike

Freedom is a beautiful ship. It truly has a WOW factor upon entering the Royal Promenade the first time you board her (aka shopping mall at sea). You gaze around and its all just breath taking. Almost overwhelming. Thats about where it ends though for me. To me, Magic is more fun, has better food, same or better service all for less money.

I could not care less about ice rinks, water slides, flowriders or any of that stuff since Im disabled. I dont really care about shows or entertainment in general either. Just put me on a nice clean ship, give me decent food, serve me good drinks for a reasonable price and Im a happy cruiser. Magic exceeded my expectations 10 fold!

Given the same itinerary for the same price, I still pick Magic. As you can see from my signature, I have no Carnival bias. I only have 6 cruises complete but have taken double the RC cruises I have with Carnival

Love me some Magic :)

Edited by ryano

We haven't done the Freedom, but just got off the Liberty which is a sister ship to the Freedom. I prefer the Magic by far. Liberty was a beautiful ship, I just was disappointed in the lack of activities. The Magic has the Ropes Course, Mini Golf, Waterslides, etc... The Magic was also recently upgraded.

Are you sure you were on Liberty? :confused: Liberty also has mini golf and waterslides, and was also just upgraded.