The preview and LIVE from Oasis of the Seas, sailing May 7th!

HI - your post was around 8 AM - how early does one need to get there to best beat the crowds?

Same question if you (or anybody else) do the 'Jammer for breakfast.

I'm plenty friendly, but not in the AM before coffee.

Thanks

You'll be fine arriving at 8 am

Sent from my LG G5 using Tapatalk

Agreed! I thought he was as funny if not more funny than the comedians.

We talked to him a bit on our Oasis cruise and he did admit that some comedians get a bit irritated with him if he's too funny in the intro.

Agreed! I thought he was as funny if not more funny than the comedians.

We talked to him a bit on our Oasis cruise and he did admit that some comedians get a bit irritated with him if he's too funny in the intro.

The comedians were very good but he was a riot. He had people crying from laughing so hard

Edited by BugsyCruiser

The comedians were very good but he was a riot. He had people crying from laughing so hard

If you can get him to do his Burl Ives bit, you will fall off your chair.

Do the comedians in the comedy club do the same show all week or do they do different shows or change out the comedians? Couldn't remember from my previous trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Do the comedians in the comedy club do the same show all week or do they do different shows or change out the comedians? Couldn't remember from my previous trip.

Same two comedians doing the same material, with some minor variations depending on the audience.

Edited by clarea

If you can get him to do his Burl Ives bit, you will fall off your chair.

I'm glad to know someone still remembers Burl Ives. I always loved singing voice. Before TV, my mother always turned the radio on for his 15 minute show.

Makes me realize how old I am!

I'm glad to know someone still remembers Burl Ives. I always loved singing voice. Before TV, my mother always turned the radio on for his 15 minute show.

Makes me realize how old I am!

Thanks for reminding me how old I am!:eek:

I am seriously considering a cruise on the Oasis of the Sea. Since I have never been on such a large ship I am wondering if it seems crowded. Thanks for an answer.

We sailed on Allure, the sister to Oasis, and it was crowded in some venues at some times....but overall I never had that crowded 'feeling'.

We generally are early risers. I often go to the gym first especially on sea days. The gym would be busy, but not so crowded that I could not do what I wanted. Sometimes getting a treadmill was a little challenging....but I do so much walking on board, that wasn't a big deal. There are plenty of breakfast areas, so you can minimimize the WJ if at the time you go it is more crowded than you would like.

Even though you reserve your shows (or you should) there still was a line to get into the theater since seats are not reserved....but this was not a big deal either.

Other venues like the Aqua Theater or Flowrider (for example) can be more crowded at various times....but if you are going on the Flowrider the line moves quickly.

We found that if you like to attend Karaoke, get there early because seats in the On Air lounge do fill up quickly and early.....and Karaoke, is a blast and we enjoy it, so we do get there early.

You will find a balance of what you like to do, and how to balance the fact that many other people may enjoy the same things that you do at the same time.

But I never felt as if I was in a crowd.

We felt uncrowded enough that we're going again. I don't recall feeling any more crowded than on any other ship, large or small.

And I love Terminal 18 for embarkation, one of the best organized ever.

I am seriously considering a cruise on the Oasis of the Sea. Since I have never been on such a large ship I am wondering if it seems crowded. Thanks for an answer.

As others have said, there is rarely an issues with crowds. With the crew we have a total of 8300 people on board and o have wondered many times already where are all these people?

Elevators seem to be the pinch points, even with 24 elevators they seemed to stop at almost every deck most of the time and there are a lot of decks to stop at. On the other hand the stairwells were very quiet lol.

Felt the promenade 'crowded' on Sea Day's -- especially when there was the purse / watch / t-shirt sales on. Wasn't crowded in the sense you couldn't make your way from one end to the other -- you just had to make some zigs and zags to get there.:)

The solarium is busy on Sea Days as are all the pool areas -- typical for any ship though.