Chops grille with kids

We are booking chops grille for our upcoming harmony cruise in July and there are 3 kids aged 11 , 8 and 6 in the party. I have never eaten with kids in chops grille - does anyone know what the kids menu is like and what is the charge for children?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Royals web site says 6-12 eat for $8 however I am sure this means they must order from the special kids menu - if they order from the regular menu the regular per person rate will be charged Im sure

I thought it was $10 but $8 would be better. The kids get an app, a main and a dessert choice. Our son gets a soup, a NY strip, and ice cream.

If they ordered from the main menu the pay full price.

Edit: there are possibly 3 (if I remember correctly) choices for each course.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I thought it was $10 but $8 would be better. The kids get an app, a main and a dessert choice. Our son gets a soup, a NY strip, and ice cream.

If they ordered from the main menu the pay full price.

It was up to $10 last month on Allure. Funny thing was that in Giovanni's they let DS 12 order off the regular menu but only charged the kids price. Not sure if they even have a kids menu at Giovanni's. Chips charged him the full price as he ate off the adult menu.

It was up to $10 last month on Allure. Funny thing was that in Giovanni's they let DS 12 order off the regular menu but only charged the kids price. Not sure if they even have a kids menu at Giovanni's. Chips charged him the full price as he ate off the adult menu.

There is a kids menu for Giovanni's as well. Same basic idea as Chops at $10, but with different choices.

There is a kids menu for Giovanni's as well. Same basic idea as Chops at $10, but with different choices.

We lucked out then.:). Like everything, no consistancy, unfortunately those days are over..13 in a few weeks and at the rate he's inhaling food he will be ordering 2 entres.

We lucked out then.:). Like everything, no consistancy, unfortunately those days are over..13 in a few weeks and at the rate he's inhaling food he will be ordering 2 entres.

We always had to ask for the kids menu, as they gave us the adult menu to Owen. As for Toby, he will get his monies worth from the restaurant.

This kids' Chops menu is from the Grandeur, but it *may* be the same.

DSC07527_zpsf91367d6.jpg

DSC07528_zps48c19ad6.jpg

DSC07529_zpsecbb0c79.jpg

DSC07530_zps51fa39de.jpg

Thanks for these menus. Any idea if there is flexibility with kids? At least 2 of these kids are very picky and may even struggle with the kids menu. Are they open to asking for alternatives?

In partial answer to my question above I just found another thread which said that kids 5 and under can eat free from the same kids menu as used in the MDR. the cost is not the issue rather finding something the kids can eat - I presume if we asked in chops they would let any of the kids order from that menu?

In partial answer to my question above I just found another thread which said that kids 5 and under can eat free from the same kids menu as used in the MDR. the cost is not the issue rather finding something the kids can eat - I presume if we asked in chops they would let any of the kids order from that menu?

They are very accommodating and I'm sure they will come up with something for your kids.

On our last cruise we had them get the key lime pie From the MDR for my son one night, they created specialty dishes for my wife who has a dairy allergy and they turned an appetizer into a main course for me.

Thanks for these menus. Any idea if there is flexibility with kids? At least 2 of these kids are very picky and may even struggle with the kids menu. Are they open to asking for alternatives?

For our son at chops they switched the French onion soup for the mushroom soup. The second time we were there they gave him Caesar salad over the time mesclun salad.

Thanks folks.

Sounds like we shouldn't have a problem rustling up something for the kids! If all else fails we can take them to the windjammer [emoji3]

Thanks folks.

Sounds like we shouldn't have a problem rustling up something for the kids! If all else fails we can take them to the windjammer [emoji3]

They will let them mix it up so they can make a meal that will work for them. For example, if they like the tortelli but not carbonara, they will serve it with marinara or even just butter. If the steak works but without mushrooms and with fries instead of the mashed, they will do it. Even in the MDR, they will make it work. My son used to get the daily pasta with the daily chicken breast on it and a double caesar salad. Never told it was a problem.

• 2 months later...

Hi! It is very difficult to find pictures of the kids' menu. Thank you for posting this one. (I had to search posts on CC to find it. Google can't seem to find it in the broader internet.) I'm headed out on the Grandeur in August, and I wonder if you have a picture of the kids menu from Giovanni's??? Or even Izumi?

My child is still in the cheeseburger, chicken fingers, grilled cheese, or pizza stage.

((and curious, "lower" merion, LMHS perhaps?))

Thanks!

Interesting. We just sailed on Anthem, and asked for the kids menu at Chops. They presented us with the kids menu from the complimentary restaurants (burgers, pasta, etc). Nothing like what is posted. They said he can either order off that, or pay full price from the adult menu. I had no idea this particular kids menu existed at Chops, and I wish I had known.

I would also like to add that we ordered plain grilled chicken for my other son, and it took well over an hour to receive it. Apparently it was quite an inconvenience for them to make grilled chicken at Chops. He has food allergies.

My daughter had the kids menu at Chops...$10 which included appetizer, entree and dessert. My daughter had shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad and steak which were all adult sized portions. Our server also let her choose anything she wanted for dessert so she had a huge hunk of red velvet cake! Definitely our best meal on Oasis.

• 3 weeks later...

We ate in chops on harmony a couple of weeks ago. There were 3 kids aged 11,8 and 6 in our party. The kids weren't initially fussed on anything on the menus - the waiters were brilliant - they even offered to go out and get pizza from elsewhere. In the end the kids just had the truffled fries and each had dessert. They didn't charge anything at all for the 3 kids. My point is that they were doing everything they could to accommodate the kids tastes. Incidentally the meal in chops was outstanding in every respect.