Help! Booked on Oasis!

My sister and I are booked on Oasis of the Seas for the Eastern Caribbean July 9th. We have only been on NCL Dawn and RCCL Grandeur.

What can we expect?

Hidden gems?

Know before you go?

Anything! Thank you!

You can expect to be in awe. She is a magnificent ship. You do have to make reservations for some of the shows, even though there is no charge for them Do not miss the ice show. You need reservations for the ice show, Aqua theater, and late comedian. You do not need a reservation for the main shows.

I'd dare to say that the Oasis is the MOST reviewed / covered / photographed ship on all of Cruise Critic.

The search feature is your friend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can expect to be in awe. She is a magnificent ship. You do have to make reservations for some of the shows, even though there is no charge for them Do not miss the ice show. You need reservations for the ice show, Aqua theater, and late comedian. You do not need a reservation for the main shows.

If by main shows you mean the productions shows in the theatre ( come fly with me, Cats) then yes, you do need a reservation.

My sister and I are booked on Oasis of the Seas for the Eastern Caribbean July 9th. We have only been on NCL Dawn and RCCL Grandeur.

What can we expect?

Hidden gems?

Know before you go?

Anything! Thank you!

Look directly above your post. You will see a list of all of the ships. Click on "Oasis of the Seas".

Congratulations! You will all enjoy the Oasis. She is one beautiful ship.

Here is a link from a recent review done by gambee (who has written many excellent LIVE reviews). Lots of pics and info. Plus as Merion_Mom posted, if you select the Oasis link about your post it will open up threads on the Oasis for you to check out.

Have a Great Cruise!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2337996&highlight=oasis

Also, Chris has just started his LIVE thread for his upcoming Oasis cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2350810

Edited by jaspercat

We were on Oasis a month ago and loved it. Definitely make reservations for shows and specialty dining before you go. Sabor was outstanding (fresh and tasty). If you want a quiet breakfast or lunch venue, go to Solarium Bistro. You'll have an awesome time. Enjoy!

What can we expect?

Hidden gems?

Know before you go?

Anything! Thank you!

A wonderful ship, spent 2 weeks on her last year, and would go again in a heartbeat.

Hidden Gems... all around the ship there are poles that look like skinny fire hydrants with a glass top, inside are cool miniature works of art. Try and find them all, get a list from the Purser's desk.

Walk up and down the main staircases, and you will see outstanding art work on every single floor.

Take the All access tour (a tad expensive, but a great experience), you get to see the ship from top to bottom.

Spend time in Central park, just sitting and watching the people go by. Go at different times of the day, as it looks much different at night than in the day.

Book your show and food reservations as soon as they open up, it is easier to not go to the show, than having to wait in line for stand-by seats. Go to the Broadway show, the actors are very good. Don't miss the Comedy club, the skating show, the water show (awesome).

Do the Zip line, it is supposed to be a hoot, and I actually missed.

Don't forget to ride on the Merry-Go-Round.

Breakfast and Lunch up in the Solarium, you will not regret it at all. You can also have breakfast in the MDR, it is very nice as well. Order room-service, and eat in your room.

Have a beef sandwich at the bistro in Central Park at sail-away. yummy

Order more than 1 entree or dessert at dinner.. indulge.. (we ordered 40 desserts for our table of 10 one night.. and we ate it all.. gawd I was full!)

Specialty dining is very nice. Chops or 150.. yum.. Giovanni's was good, but we found it noisy.

My review from last June consists mostly of tips, including how to use the stateroom tv system and how to maximize space in the cabin. It is linked here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2224751

This is a quote from the review, showing our favorite spot on the ship:

Our Favorite spot on the ship:

So, on to our favorite spot on the ship. It is behind the Aqua Theater. You can get there from the Promenade - just exit the door by guest services or by the Champagne Bar and go aft. You can also get there down a set of stairs from the Aqua Theater. There are a few chairs there that can recline, and you can hear the ocean. It is like having your own balcony, aside from the few joggers/walkers that pass behind you from time to time.

You can see the chairs behind the Aqua Theater from this view:

DSCN0669_zpsj1rbhopo.jpeg

Closer up:

DSCN1191_zpssz3msp4m.jpeg

My View: From one of the Wooden recliner chairs... Ah, can someone bring me a Peach Long Island Iced Tea? ;)

DSCN0774_zpsb0icu0bc.jpeg

Order more than 1 entree or dessert at dinner.. indulge.. (we ordered 40 desserts for our table of 10 one night.. and we ate it all.. gawd I was full!)

I respectfully disagree with this suggestion. I like Valamos other ones. It's okay to indulge but 4 desserts pp? You don't want your waitstaff to hate you, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I respectfully disagree with this suggestion. I like Valamos other ones. It's okay to indulge but 4 desserts pp? You don't want your waitstaff to hate you, lol.

Well it was an interesting dinner to say the very least. I actually think the wait staff had bets on if we could actually eat all of them.

We just got back from a Western Caribbean cruise on Oasis. There were about 6200 passengers and it did not feel crowded except in the Opal Theater which was packed. So, reserve shows as soon as possible. Boarding and disembarkation were fast and lines moved quickly. There is a walking/jogging track on deck 5 to burn off some of the calories. Food was good and a variety of ethnic food available in the Windjammer. The Windjammer was all on one level, unlike the older ships with stairs and ramps in the Windjammer. The shows were excellent with beautiful stage sets. The aqua show was amazing. Even with reservations get there at least 30 minutes ahead of time to get a good seat. There were more families with kids on the cruise, but the kids were supervised and well behaved mostly. We had a cabin on deck 8 with unobstructed, beautiful ocean views.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Holy crap Batman! I can eat with the best of them but an entree and four deserts? :eek: I think I'd puke. :p

Thread hi-jack.

Looking to book our first Oasis class sailing and will be in a JS. We usually only have to select from a couple decks. The Oasis class have several decks with JS cabins. Is there a preferred deck or ones to avoid?

If we choose Harmony I will probably avoid deck 14 since there seems to be lots of kid venues.

Thread hi-jack.

Looking to book our first Oasis class sailing and will be in a JS. We usually only have to select from a couple decks. The Oasis class have several decks with JS cabins. Is there a preferred deck or ones to avoid?

If we choose Harmony I will probably avoid deck 14 since there seems to be lots of kid venues.

I'd go with deck 8 of possible. I'd avoid deck 14.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd go with deck 8 of possible. I'd avoid deck 14.

Thx Bob. We are definitely going with Harmony. Deck 8 must be popular as they are all booked. Several on 9 open and they appear to have larger balconies on the hump than the available cabins on 7 or 10. How do you feel about deck 9?

Edited by Wilson

Thx Bob. We are definitely going with Harmony. Deck 8 must be popular as they are all booked. Several on 9 open and they appear to have larger balconies on the hump than the available cabins on 7 or 10. How do you feel about deck 9?

Deck 9 would be fine too, in fact I feel the same about decks 9-12.