Royal Caribbean DISASTER - Please HELP

Sounds like another disgruntled buyer whose cabin price dropped after final payment and is looking for a refund, some sympathy and/or a way to punish big bad RCI for forcing him to buy a cruise with meager retirement income. Never mind that all was well with the original 4100 purchase and the $500 upgrade, but now that the price dropped, not so happy. :rolleyes:

No need to :mad::mad::mad::mad:be a jerk. I hope you are on a fixed and limited income one day.

No need to :mad::mad::mad::mad:be a jerk. I hope you are on a fixed and limited income one day.

The OP had no problem making the original reservation and then upgraded for another $500. I don't see how a 'fixed and limited income' comes in to play here other than a sympathy play.

Why would Op post again with all the negTive and insinuating posts... maybe one day we could just ask for additional info before judging and the op's that are new to these boards might actually post again...

I booked a cruise many months ago on RCI. Last week, they called and asked me to pay GRATUITIES upfront and then offered a cabin upgrade. The total was $500.

The next day, RCI had a deal on the same cabin for $3000, no GRATUITIES. I paid $4600.

I called 5 RCI people and the all said essentially this: "You paid your $4600 and there is nothing we can do." So I am paying $1600 including the $500 that they essentially "baited me and then offered a deal to others".

Please let RCI know this is WRONG. I am retired and on a fixed income. I feel very cheated. Please help by letting RCI know

I can't afford a $4600 with both my wife and myself working so I'd say you are doing OK.:D

Bill

Fixed, yes - limited is somewhat subjective. When one does a drive-by posting (that's what the OP and many other one time posters do) you will find that a healthy dose of skepticism is the norm on CC. Since we are very unlikely to ever hear from the OP, I put out my theory of what happened - you may have seen it as a bit harsh but I was probably very close to the truth.

Again, the OP had no issue paying the 4600, it was only when the price dropped to 3000 that this DISASTER took place.:cool:

in order to help, i'll need your name, address, phone number, booking number, credit card number, user name and password. I'll have it resolved for you in less than 24 hours. ;)

lol

The one thing that got me was how RCI was able to offer a better deal on the same exact cabin. Does that imply that the cabin the OP booked wasn't booked?

No, the OP upgraded to a better category. Then, after the upgrade, the price of that category went down.

Cliffs Notes based on OP's post:

OP booked a cabin many months ago.

Sometime after final payment, RCI called with an upsell offer.

OP bought the upsell offer.

After the deal was finalized the new category cabin which the op bought went down in price.

OP is upset that RCI won't give him a refund and thinks that we should complain to RCI about this policy.

OP also thinks that he was pressured into the upsell and thinks that RCI knew the price will go down at the time the upsell offer was made.

No, the OP upgraded to a better category. Then, after the upgrade, the price of that category went down.

After the deal was finalized the new category cabin which the op bought went down in price.

OP is upset that RCI won't give him a refund and thinks that we should complain to RCI about this policy.

OP also thinks that he was pressured into the upsell and thinks that RCI knew the price will go down at the time the upsell offer was made.

Ahh ok.

This is actually a crafty move by RC. I'm wonder how many folks got the same call and did the upsell prior to the price dropping? Obviously not enough as the price did drop the next day.

Why would Op post again with all the negTive and insinuating posts... maybe one day we could just ask for additional info before judging and the op's that are new to these boards might actually post again...

If it walks, talks, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

If an OP comes on here fussing about being on a fixed income while simultaneously explaining that he/she just plunked down almost 5 grand for a vacation, then they're probably not being entirely accurate in their accounting of the situation.

I know people on "fixed, limited incomes." I have relatives on "fixed, limited incomes." They aren't going on cheap cruises, much less spending around $650/day for one.