Stolen...

Bracarense

Hi all.

Onboard MSC Preziosa I was for the first time robbed on a Cruise. We boarded last Friday in Marseille and ckecked in our luggage. When it got to our cabin our tablet, that I forgot to take out before sending the luggage, was missing.

I talked in Guest Service but I think nothing was even tried.

Hi all.

Onboard MSC Preziosa I was for the first time robbed on a Cruise. We boarded last Friday in Marseille and ckecked in our luggage. When it got to our cabin our tablet, that I forgot to take out before sending the luggage, was missing.

It's Marseille after all :rolleyes: What can they do from cruise ship?

So sorry to hear about the loss of your tablet. I carry cable ties and always use them before handing over luggage anywhere as I had a very expensive camera stolen in Barcelona airport once. How much of a protection they are, I don't know, as I've heard that baggage handlers (the thieving ones) are now cutting ties to access bags and replacing them with ones they carry themselves.

That's horrible. Not a great start to a vacation. Surely MSC have come back to you in some fashion?

Sadly no. Never heard a word from them after my complaint.

Luckly that was the only really downside of the Cruise.

That's a shame.

I've never had anything stolen from my checked luggage at an airport or cruise. I've maybe been lucky up until now. I once had a case back with the padlock missing. Thought perhaps I hadn't put in on properly or it had been cut off for some security check. There wasn't anything taken from it though.

I always have my valuables including electronics on me, in my handbag which I never let out of my sight. Putting theft aside, wit all the scuffs, sharpest and dents I've accumulated on my cases, I'm more worried things will get broken.

I always have my valuables including electronics on me, in my handbag which I never let out of my sight. Putting theft aside, wit all the scuffs, sharpest and dents I've accumulated on my cases, I'm more worried things will get broken.

I share your thoughts.

First time I forgot taking any electronic, valuable or important document with me...

Broken stuff is more likely with the treatment luggage gets.

Hi all.

That was a no no on your part.

Sadly no. Never heard a word from them after my complaint.

Luckly that was the only really downside of the Cruise.

Was your bag locked? If so, was the lock broken or removed? I know that in the US many travellers don't lock their bags because of the TSA regulations but we always do. We bought TSA locks specially for that reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Was your bag locked? If so, was the lock broken or removed? I know that in the US many travellers don't lock their bags because of the TSA regulations but we always do. We bought TSA locks specially for that reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Very false sense of security. All of the TSA locks have been hacked and the master keys are in wide circulation so at this point they are no more than a deterrent to the casual thief.

I am not really sure what the OP wants MSC to do. I am sympathetic to his plight, but I am sure that luggage passed through many hands on its way to his room, possibly even through non-MSC staff.

Lessons learned I guess.

I don't expect MSC to do nothing. They simply don't care. It could have been stolen onboard and it would just be nice if they just had a simple word before the end of the cruise. It was my fault I forgot it in the suitcase but I am forced to trust them with my luggage. If I missplace a pool towel or a table tennis gear they say they will charge me... If they missplace somehing from my luggage I cannot charge them.

Very hard for MSC to take an action as unfortunatly, anyone can come up with stories of 'stolen' things without proof so they must be careful with opening a precedent. I'm so sorry it happened to you, Marseiile does have a reputation. [emoji37]

I don't expect MSC to do nothing. They simply don't care. It could have been stolen onboard and it would just be nice if they just had a simple word before the end of the cruise. It was my fault I forgot it in the suitcase but I am forced to trust them with my luggage. If I missplace a pool towel or a table tennis gear they say they will charge me... If they missplace somehing from my luggage I cannot charge them.

Unfortunate circumstance, but I'm not sure how you can blame MSC. Luggage is handled by porters and shore personnel long before it lands on the ship. There is no way to prove where/when it was taken.

• 2 months later...