Live on Rhapsody

Thanks for sharing your cruise with us!

We'll be onboard Rhapsody in Oct. We got Select package as a promo, but my DH wants to upgrade to Premium. Let's see what our price will be, since our departure will be from Rome/Civitavecchia going to Barcelona. I dont know if it makes any difference, but we dont go outside EU. Do you have Kusadasi as one of your ports?

Not Kusadasi, but Bodrum in Turkey, so we do,leave the EU.

In fact, we've just returned to the ship to find a letter informing us that Athens and Bodrum have been swapped to avoid the Greek National strike on Sunday.

Not Kusadasi, but Bodrum in Turkey, so we do,leave the EU.

In fact, we've just returned to the ship to find a letter informing us that Athens and Bodrum have been swapped to avoid the Greek National strike on Sunday.

We were in Bodrum last summer on the Rhapsody. I hope you like it as much as we do! The castle fort is magnificent. I got my hair cut in a small little salon in Bodrum and it was all done in sign language and gestures and whaddya know but it turned out really well! What a great souvenir. :D

I have discovered internet speed is better with the cabin door open. ;)

Have had a great taxi tour here in Dubrovnik, the viewpoint, a water mill in the country, Cavtat and the Old Town. Will add some photos shortly if internet allows.

Yikes, so it will affect your sailing. I hope the Greek port workers don't feel like striking the following week - we have 4 Greek ports.

Pure Country is the Production show tonight. We are eating in Giovanni's.

I have to say that after the chaos of MTD on Wednesday, Main seating last night was much better. I understand from a member of staff that the level 5 dining holds around 360 people and that over 900 passengers are booked into it. Chaos is or was inevitable. I feel sorry for the staff who cannot possibly serve that many and keep everyone happy.

I sure hope the MTD situation is sorted on the next sailing - though I have reservations already for each night.:D

And please don't forget to do a beer investigation :). We need prices and types available., especially draft. Also if you see pitchers available prices on those would be smashing!! pLease please please pretty pleAse

On another note, I sailed Greek isles back in 2011 when the big riots and strikes were happening. The only port effected was Athens- the rest of the islands had no sign of discourse.

Ah yeah. Edelweiss. The Main Dining Room. First night in there on our cruise last week was borderline comical. 20 minutes for bread to arrive. Another 20 for water ( we had to ask) Orders taken after another 15. Starter arrived after another 20. Wine another 15. Main course another 30. We skipped desert.

I'm a patient soul mostly , but this was a real test. We were not alone either.

Edited by PederLin

First sea day after being 'on the go' for four days straight. Time to relax?

At 10 we've been offered our Diamond+ Galley tour which we've never had before as we're only just at that level.

10.30 is the M&M which I must attend as the OP and very frequent poster.

Also at 10.30, deck 7 passengers must hand in their passports.

How can we be in 3 places at once? :(

I will try to discover beer prices but there are no drinks menus on view. I do know that Corona is not available in the DL or CL but that DH has had Heineken instead. .

To get to Bodrum we are steaming along at 20 knots but the seas are calm and the sky is blue at the moment.

ImageUploadedByForums1462597355.637331.jpg.b0b6cf312fa4cfdea8dada2fe59dda78.jpg

Managed to drop off passport before the line started because we were waiting for the galley tour in the same place. Only 6 of us did the Galley tour then around 30-40 people made it to the M&M.

Great chopped salad at MDR lunch then around 20 people took the bridge tour.

Weather very nice but the wind plus travelling at 20.5 knots is making it very windy on deck.

Tonight's show is The Illusion of Steve Rawlings. No idea what he will be like but will give it a try.

I've been able to change our taxi tour in Athens to Monday. Switching the ports may be quite successful. Just hope transport there is back to 'normal' by then. ...........not holding my breath.

Incidentally. No-one had internet connection for around 5 hours today but the 24 hour packages were still being sold. :(

Edited by cinnamon

Hi Cinnamon, Thank you for your very informative posts.

If you happen to go on a Cabin Crawl, especially in one of the deck 7 aft balconies, can you please post a couple of pictures and some information? We have one booked for next year.

Enjoy your cruise.:)

Enjoying your review, we do a similar itinerary on Azamara Quest in 2017 and are also booked to be on Rhapsody when she returns to Tampa next winter. Looking forward to your posts, I understand your brevity on board, but hoping you can share the names and contact info of the private tours/guides you used in port when you return? Hopefully, you are having a great time! Enjoy!

Edited by Familygoboston

Hi Cinnamon, Thank you for your very informative posts.

If you happen to go on a Cabin Crawl, especially in one of the deck 7 aft balconies, can you please post a couple of pictures and some information? We have one booked for next year.

Enjoy your cruise.:)

No cabin crawl planned and as far as I'm aware I'm afraid I haven't met anyone in an aft cabin.

We have a Panoramic Ocean View.

Enjoying your review, we do a similar itinerary on Azamara Quest in 2017 and are also booked to be on Rhapsody when she returns to Tampa next winter. Looking forward to your posts, I understand your brevity on board, but hoping you can share the names and contact info of the private tours/guides you used in port when you return? Hopefully, you are having a great time! Enjoy!

We love Quest! Had two great cruises on her with Captain Carl.

I would be very happy to share about the guides but the rules of CC forbid me to do so unless a specific request is made by another poster. I think that's the way it works.

Have had a really good day. CC meeting, Galley tour, Bridge tour, MDR breakfast, lunch & dinner (!). Lovely chats with really nice people. In fact we didn't even make it to the show after a very sociable post dinner chat in the DL.

Edited by cinnamon

We've had a lovely time in Bodrum.

We just missed the free water taxi which runs from the cruise port to the town harbour at 9, 10 and 11.00. Shared a taxi to town with another couple for €8.00. Walked round the whole harbour but never found where we could catch the shuttle back.

Many people went to the castle but I'm afraid we were philistines today. Just wandered around the shops, had coffee, watched the world go by then had a fabulous fresh fish 'Sunday Lunch' in the Harem restaurant on the waterfront. I had a 'Shrimp' which was the size of a lobster tail. DH had a whole 'small' Sea Bass'.

Caught a taxi back on our own.

Will post photos shortly.