Venice Italy hotels

Tylermon

Five of us are going on a cruise out of Venice in June. We are looking for a hotel that has easy access to the cruise port. We will be there for a day before the cruise so we want a good location to explore the city from. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks.

Five of us are going on a cruise out of Venice in June. We are looking for a hotel that has easy access to the cruise port. We will be there for a day before the cruise so we want a good location to explore the city from. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks.

You'll do better to ask this on the Italy Ports of Call subforum of CruiseCritic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=595

If you're looking for something that is convenient to the cruise ports then you probably want to be near the Piazzale Roma -- which is essentially a taxi and bus stop for all vehicle traffic coming into the city. It's also fairly convenient to the train station. From P Roma it's about a 40 minute walk to Piazza San Marco (St Marks Square) so it's a not too bad place to explore the city from. From P Roma you can catch the shuttle bus, a taxi or take the people mover to the cruise ports.

I've stayed at the Hotel Arlecchino before at P Roma and found it to be quite nice and as a bonus we could see the cruise ships from the hotel on the morning that we left.

Hotel Olympia is located very close to the bus station and a short walk over only two bridges. It's a nice hotel that I recommend to all friends and relatives when they are visiting Venice.

I wouldn't worry too much about staying close to the cruise terminals or P. Roma because the vaporetto (water bus) will get you there from almost anywhere. I would caution you to get a hotel close to a vaporetto stop though, so you are not carting your luggage over too many bridges.

Hotel Olympia is located very close to the bus station and a short walk over only two bridges. It's a nice hotel that I recommend to all friends and relatives when they are visiting Venice.

This is where I stayed as well, and it was a great location. Close to a vaporetto stop and right near the People Mover to easily get to the port. P Roma is also where the airport bus will drop you if that's your transportation of choice.

The staff was very helpful and there's a lovely area behind the hotel to relax. breakfast was very good and room was great with a view of one of the canals. Oh, and not to be undervalued...there's gelatto right around the corner!

We had a great few days in Venice when we stayed here last summer.

We took a water taxi from the airport to the hotel's landing stage - great fun, but it is a bit of a walk from the airport to the water taxi stop. We took a land taxi to the cruise terminal which was very easy and relaxing!

We had lovely views of the canals and the area is a really nice "just to be".

enjoy your time in Venice.

We syed at Hotel Boscolo near main railway station as we were coming in by train from Milan.

Vaporetto stop is right outside and will take you to St Marks.

To get to cruise port we hired a porter from hotel 5 Euros per bag and he took them up and over the new "glass" bridge at a rate so fast we struggled to keep up with him, only joking, but we were hurrying. He takes bags to people mover which drops you near port, you can either walk to port from there or there are usually shuttle buses to take you right to the entrance.

The hotel is beautiful with original decorations and furnishings, breakfast was ample, there is a small cafe outside and the laneway opens up at night with lots of small restaurants and some souvenir stalls.

I believe there are two Hotel Boscolas in Venice, a quick internet search will show you which one is near station, Name fails me Santa Lucia?

For me this was the iconic Venetian hotel, canal outside, lots of people and activity. Price was very good, especially as we were there on a public holiday. Rooms are not large, but it is Europe and bathroom was small but beautifully done with marble.

I had stayed in Venice before but on the mainland. This was no comparison.