Carnival Sunshine June 21st. from N.Y to Saint Johns

HI there:

Can someone make a suggestion what kind of clothing a female should pack at this time of the year for day wear? I know no one can predict the weather but if you have done this cruise in the month of June please make a suggestion.

Thanks !!

We cruised last year about the same time - last week in June, and it was our 2nd Canadian cruise. It was 80 when we left NYC and 62 in St. John. We had horrible weather on the way back, so it was definitely not bathing suit weather at all. I would go prepared. The fog horn is a normal occurrence on a Canadian cruise. Ironically, the calmest seas I've ever been on for the way up....and not so much on the way home :). We had a great time, though. It's a great quick getaway. Enjoy!

We went to Halifax on the 4th of July years ago on the Victory, during the day shorts and a t-shirt were fine. But once the sun went down, a light jacket, or hoodie, was certainly needed if you were out on the decks at night.

• 3 weeks later...

We did the Canada itinerary in June awhile ago and it was cold and rainy on the way up. We were freezing - the gift shops were sold out of sweatshirts and anything with long sleeves.

When we got to Saint John it was overcast and cold in the morning, then the sun came out and it got hot! It was sunny and warmer on the way back, but the last night we had fog and the fog horn was going!

Be prepared for fog and pack layers.

HI there:

Can someone make a suggestion what kind of clothing a female should pack at this time of the year for day wear? I know no one can predict the weather but if you have done this cruise in the month of June please make a suggestion.

Thanks !!

St John, New Brunswick. Nice days and cool nights.

St Johns, Newfoundland. Might be colder. :p :D

I suggest you bring layers. The temp can vary by 10 degrees morning to midday. I wouldn't plan on needing a lot of shorts, but jeans & capris. Definitely bring a hoodie and rain jacket and a few long sleeved shirts. Enjoy your cruise.