Silly question re. Uber at MIA

NCLfamily

Unless MIA is different than other airports you should wait where other passengers are being picked up by family and friends. The Uber driver will ask for your exact location (door #, etc.); up here I try to wear a loud colored shirt to make it easy for the driver to spot me - in Miami the neon lime green Hawaiian shirt will just blend into the crowd.

Edited by JohninDC

Unless MIA is different than other airports you should wait where other passengers are being picked up by family and friends. The Uber driver will ask for your exact location (door #, etc.); up here I try to wear a loud colored shirt to make it easy for the driver to spot me - in Miami the neon lime green Hawaiian shirt will just blend into the crowd.

Too funny:D

Good luck finding the u driver at MIA.

Its a six lane race track on the arrival level.

Just hop in a cab.

I've actually never had an issue finding the Uber driver and I've done it over at the AA terminal when all the international flights are landing and it's a zoo.

They have always called me and asked me where door number I'm standing at and will usually tell me that they will be not he inner or outer lanes. I usually tell them what I'm wearing and they tell me what color car they have. You can see on the app what kind of car it is.

We have done this many times. I just did it again 2 weeks ago upon returning home from Mexico.

I've actually never had an issue finding the Uber driver and I've done it over at the AA terminal when all the international flights are landing and it's a zoo.

They have always called me and asked me where door number I'm standing at and will usually tell me that they will be not he inner or outer lanes. I usually tell them what I'm wearing and they tell me what color car they have. You can see on the app what kind of car it is.

We have done this many times. I just did it again 2 weeks ago upon returning home from Mexico.

And the wait time is ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

And the wait time is ok?

The wait time all depends on the time of day. But you will see that there can also be an extremely long taxi line when all the planes are coming in.

You are told to order your car once you get your bags at baggage claim. I usually start checking as we are walking to to baggage claim and look at the estimate of timing and go from there. If it's going to be a awhile, I will usually order the car once the belt starts going around with the luggage.

I've never waited more than a few minutes once I'm outside for the car to arrive and that's even at the time of rush hour.

I will say, that I've only used it while flying American Airlines in the last 5 months. It's probably the busiest terminal there though so it should be a good estimation.

The wait time all depends on the time of day. But you will see that there can also be an extremely long taxi line when all the planes are coming in.

You are told to order your car once you get your bags at baggage claim. I usually start checking as we are walking to to baggage claim and look at the estimate of timing and go from there. If it's going to be a awhile, I will usually order the car once the belt starts going around with the luggage.

I've never waited more than a few minutes once I'm outside for the car to arrive and that's even at the time of rush hour.

I will say, that I've only used it while flying American Airlines in the last 5 months. It's probably the busiest terminal there though so it should be a good estimation.

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a go. Uber is here in the UK but not that big yet