Vista I am worried

Been seeing pictures of Vista Liquid Lounge it looks so small nothing like other Carnival ships. I am booked on the Vista but a tiny main lounge could be a deal breaker for me what in the world is Carnival thinking[/b]:eek:

I am on the VISTA now and will confirm that this is the worst show lounge of any ship or cruise line I have experienced. It is very small considering the ship holds nearly 4000 passengers. The seating configuration is terrible... A mix of fixed and movable chairs. It is messy and hard to navigate. Sight lines are terrible as there is no raking of rows. If not in a fixed seat there is no place to put down your drink... If you van get one ad only two waiters work a show. Some rows of seats have less leg room than an economy airline. On the plus side the theatre has an amazing sound system and excellent digital imagery... A good thing as so far the shows have had no sets. Entertainment in the main theatre is important to me and the VISTA has been a letdown. (9 more days... Maybe things will improve.)

I am on the VISTA now and will confirm that this is the worst show lounge of any ship or cruise line I have experienced. It is very small considering the ship holds nearly 4000 passengers. The seating configuration is terrible... A mix of fixed and movable chairs. It is messy and hard to navigate. Sight lines are terrible as there is no raking of rows. If not in a fixed seat there is no place to put down your drink... If you van get one ad only two waiters work a show. Some rows of seats have less leg room than an economy airline. On the plus side the theatre has an amazing sound system and excellent digital imagery... A good thing as so far the shows have had no sets. Entertainment in the main theatre is important to me and the VISTA has been a letdown. (9 more days... Maybe things will improve.)

LOL, so let me see if I understand. You absolutely hate the theater but it has great sound. I doubt much will change over the next 9 days. This type arrangement was first deployed on the Sunshine, in fact, it seems to be an exact duplicate. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. There are many here who are following here and on FB for daily updates.

Edited by jimbo5544

I am pleased to report that tonight's show America Rock's was fantastic. Great energy by a very talented cast. All three shows were standing room only... Packed to the rafters. (although it was entertaining, still hate the venue.)

Yikes.

I understand them wanting to make the space multi-use. It just makes sense. But there are far better ways to accomplish this. Royal Caribbean has mastered the art of the multi-use space. Look at Two70 on the Anthem. The way Carnival has done it is just cheap and ugly. I find it really hard to believe that someone took a look at the plans, said "Yup, this looks great!" and signed off on it.

With that said, is it reason enough to not cruise on the ship though? For me, absolutely not. For others, perhaps. People are serious about their shows lol. To each their own.

Has it occurred to some that it might not be the type of show that lowers attendance? The way ships have grown in size and things to do, crowds are dispersing more? There was a time when the shows were about the only thing to do in the evening.

Been interesting seeing the replies to my post. The vista looks like a great ship i guess when i seen pictures of liquid lounge i was stunned. Ya the lounge is not everything I just wish the shows were like they use to be along time ago Ya wont cancel just because of that I really like sailing carnival it is the fun ship

Has it occurred to some that it might not be the type of show that lowers attendance? The way ships have grown in size and things to do, crowds are dispersing more? There was a time when the shows were about the only thing to do in the evening.

I have definitely considered that. The problem with that theory is that the ships that don't have Playlist Productions are still packing out the theater, even though there are just as many other things to do throughout the ship. That has been my experience on my two 2014 cruises, both on ships without Playlist. Especially on the Dream, we had to show up 45+ minutes early for a good seat, and it was standing room only 15 minutes before the start. And that was with the comedy club going, the amazing Blackjack Band playing in the oceans plaza, movies under the stars, etc.

I am pleased to report that tonight's show America Rock's was fantastic. Great energy by a very talented cast. All three shows were standing room only... Packed to the rafters. (although it was entertaining, still hate the venue.)

Thank you for all your first hand reports from the ship. I'm happy to hear that the Playlist shows are getting better. I knew that they had to be able to improve them from the ones I saw on the Breeze. In your earlier post, you said the ship holds nearly 4000. That is if there are 2 per room. If every bed is filled, it's about 1000 more than that. That is how it will be during peak cruising times: summer, holidays, March.

Some people are still doubting that the Vista's theater is smaller than Dream/Conquest/Triumph class. All we have to do is look at the deck plans. Dream/C/T class have the theater on decks 3, 4, & 5. On Vista, it's only on decks 4 & 5; cabins are on deck 3. It is smaller. That doesn't make the entire ship terrible. There's still plenty of great things to the ship.

We're going to Check this show out for sure....

In the lounge is there special seating for suite guests or is it all general seating?

Thx

We're going to Check this show out for sure....

In the lounge is there special seating for suite guests or is it all general seating?

Thx

No special seating done on Carnival

Been interesting seeing the replies to my post. The vista looks like a great ship i guess when i seen pictures of liquid lounge i was stunned. Ya the lounge is not everything I just wish the shows were like they use to be along time ago Ya wont cancel just because of that I really like sailing carnival it is the fun ship

So we can relax - the drama is over :eek:

And the "other" thread you started on this, you left off the drama

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2352322

Edited by lizardhowson

Why do people complain...... you are on vacation, you don't have to cook, clean or go to work... enjoy the ship, enjoy having drinks in the sun by the pool, enjoy the ports you are going to. IT IS A VACATION PEOPLE!!!! Every cruise line and every ship I am sure has things people don't like, but if you choose this ship, the cabin you are in, etc. It was your choice.

We don't do the shows anyway, so in no way, would that be a deciding factor on booking a particular ship.

NOW, let's move the comedy show to a bigger venue!:D:D

AMEN to both of your comments! I'd never let entertainment stand in the way of booking a ship or itinerary. Next, on the Pride last month, near the end of the cruise it was SRO forty-five minutes prior to a simple standup comedy show...isn't there something wrong with that? Indeed, most times the comedians were far better-attended than the main lounge shows, of which I only went to about half at most. I can understand Carnival wanting to experiment with their entertainment venues, but it seems to me that from the sea day brunch on down to the cramped showrooms, the whole George Lopez Punchliner tack has been a big bust. I will still reserve judgment on the Vista, as far as this goes, but it doesn't sound like a resounding success all-around for Carnival so far.

Maybe the reason attendance is down on the shows is because there are a lot more activities these days to do in the evenings. It is no longer dinner and a show. We don't really even go to many of them anymore. I think the younger cruisers with families may choose other things. I like the smaller theater with more show times. I can make it fit with my schedule.

the reason for deal breaker for me is i have been cruising with carnival for more than 20 years, since then nothing but cuts first no band anymore for shows then small shows with just a few people now main lounge not any bigger then the comedy club looks more like a bar than a theater

Ok, so are you aware of all of the wonderful things added to the ship? It seems you have a glass half empty point of view.

Maybe the reason attendance is down on the shows is because there are a lot more activities these days to do in the evenings. It is no longer dinner and a show. We don't really even go to many of them anymore. I think the younger cruisers with families may choose other things. I like the smaller theater with more show times. I can make it fit with my schedule.

You have hit I the reasons that they made the theater smaller and multipurpose.

Not sure what you mean by "how they went about it"?

There are ways to make a truly beautiful/innovative multi-purpose entertainment space. Again, my example would be RCI's Two70 lounge on the Quantum Class. Removing all the row seating and scattering chairs on the floor? Not so beautiful or innovative. I think the Liquid Lounge deserves better and its a sorry excuse for what its meant for.

Edited by TheTravelista