Summit to depart Bermuda a day early

jruben18

I am on the Summit. Just received word that we will depart Bermuda Thursday 5/5 at 5 pm instead of Friday to depart before a significant storm hits. Expecting winds up to 52 mph and thunderstorms/poor visibility on Friday in Bermuda. Will be glad to avoid that!!!

I am on the Summit. Just received word that we will depart Bermuda Thursday 5/5 at 5 pm instead of Friday to depart before a significant storm hits. Expecting winds up to 52 mph and thunderstorms/poor visibility on Friday in Bermuda. Will be glad to avoid that!!!

Sounds like a good decision even though it has shortened your stay. Hope you have a great end of cruise!

I agree chemmo. Capt. Kate just made the announcement. We got a letter under our door last night in the wee hours. Safety first. Capt. Kate has our back. Sounds like it is a tough harbor to enter or exit in bad conditions. Extra at sea day. Great cruise so far. Expect a similar last few days.

OK then. A Gale it is. In Florida right about now I would have checked the generator, stocked up on provisions, and secured the out of door furniture. Then we drink heavily. On board, can I go straight to the drinking??

Summit now underway. Even with early departure we are expecting winds 40 knots and seas 4.5 meters during first 24 hours of return. Not the worst conditions but we will feel it. Agree with sjpenguin about "being careful". Hard to argue with that. Be well on the Breakaway. Let us know how it goes.

If you watch the webcam, you can see the low visibility and hear the wind. WOW! :eek:

Hey, DrivesLikeMario... Are you still on our May 15 cruise to Bermuda? Haven't seen you on the roll call in a while.

OK then. A Gale it is. In Florida right about now I would have checked the generator, stocked up on provisions, and secured the out of door furniture. Then we drink heavily. On board, can I go straight to the drinking??

There's the spirit! Hope all passengers have a safe and comfortable trip.

There's the spirit! Hope all passengers have a safe and comfortable trip.

ImageUploadedByForums1462565671.100297.jpg.0d0f6dad454c31691878d0dfbf8f8ad3.jpgATTACH]

Captain Kate did good by us. Enjoying calm seas and Woodford Reserve on my terrace!!! All is well that ends well. A great decision by our Captain.

Edited by jruben18

I noticed the post about the Summit's early departure from Bermuda. Question is...did the ship spend an extra day at sea returning; arrived a day early and the guests had to depart; or did the guests spend the extra night and day onboard in NJ port and depart on usual date? Thank you

I noticed the post about the Summit's early departure from Bermuda. Question is...did the ship spend an extra day at sea returning; arrived a day early and the guests had to depart; or did the guests spend the extra night and day onboard in NJ port and depart on usual date? Thank you

The ship will take the slow route back to Bayonne and arrive on schedule Sunday morning. This will give the folks extra eating and drinking time, especially those with the beverage packages. :D

Glad to hear that seas are calm. My brother in law and sister in law are on board and we've been worried. We sail on the Summit May 29th and hoping for better weather!! Safe trip home everyone

I am also on the May 29th sailing. I went to Bermuda twice last year and it rained every day I was there. So the weather had better be good this year.

[ATTACH]384649[/[ATTACH]384650[/ATTACH]ATTACH]

Captain Kate did good by us. Enjoying calm seas and Woodford Reserve on my terrace!!! All is well that ends well. A great decision by our Captain.

Love your attitude! We have cruised long enough to know if an itinerary is changed there is no use being upset, just look at the positives of the change!

The ship will take the slow route back to Bayonne and arrive on schedule Sunday morning. This will give the folks extra eating and drinking time, especially those with the beverage packages. :D

Thanks...sounds good to me! I love sea days!

At Sea days can be the BEST:D So happy they are having a great end to their cruise.

I'm on Summit now- we had an extra sea day. Great decision by Captain Kate! We had 2 beautiful, sunny and warm sea days. Much better than staying the extra day in Bermuda in the rain and wind! [emoji3]

I'm on Summit now- we had an extra sea day. Great decision by Captain Kate! We had 2 beautiful, sunny and warm sea days. Much better than staying the extra day in Bermuda in the rain and wind! [emoji3]

To our surprise we each got a OBC for $15.88, for port charges or taxes. We did get an extra night there, so we really did not expect anything. Captain Kate kept us safe and that is all that really matters. Great cruise. Great Ship. Great crew.