HELP! Need resolutions # or Higher up than CC

Hope someone out there can help.

History: We booked an 11nt Summit cruise onboard another cruise 15 months ago. They had a great 123GO onboard offer that gave us 600OBC, Beverage Package, Gratuities and internet for a regular rate. This past November, Celebrity chartered that sailing so it was cancelled on us.

We rolled it over to an Eclipse sailing for this December. It took some effort because the new and current promo was in existence. Captains Club transferred me to Resolutions who transferred to me someone to get it done so I could keep my old booking benefits. It was done. :)

Dilemma: We now have to cancel that Eclipse cruise and I called Captains Club. They want to quote me the most expensive rate on a new cruise PLUS I will lose $450 of my OBC. :eek::(

Does anyone have a higher up number I can call. Unfortunately, I don't have the number of the person who got it done for me before because I was transferred twice. I was assured that no matter what all the onboard benefits would always carry over and I would not have to purchase the Go Best or the most expensive rate in addition.

When the sailing was chartered and cancelled, we were under a 2 week time constraint by Celebrity to rebook before they cancelled it on us. So we picked a sailing and I specifically told the rep it was the only cruise comparable to what we had originally but we were not sure it would work. She assured us it was fine if we needed to rebook it. Well it's not fine now.

I really don't want to lose all these benefits. I'm not new to X so I know that the onboard booking benefits carry over. It's unfortunate that there are always new people working at X that don't understand the old promos. The two CC people I spoke to today I've never even heard of before.

Disappointed!

History: We booked an 11nt Summit cruise onboard another cruise 15 months ago. They had a great 123GO onboard offer that gave us 600OBC, Beverage Package, Gratuities and internet for a regular rate. This past November, Celebrity chartered that sailing so it was cancelled on us.

We rolled it over to an Eclipse sailing for this December. It took some effort because the new and current promo was in existence. Captains Club transferred me to Resolutions who transferred to me someone to get it done so I could keep my old booking benefits. It was done. :)

Dilemma: We now have to cancel that Eclipse cruise and I called Captains Club. They want to quote me the most expensive rate on a new cruise PLUS I will lose $450 of my OBC. :eek::(

Does anyone have a higher up number I can call. Unfortunately, I don't have the number of the person who got it done for me before because I was transferred twice. I was assured that no matter what all the onboard benefits would always carry over and I would not have to purchase the Go Best or the most expensive rate in addition.

When the sailing was chartered and cancelled, we were under a 2 week time constraint by Celebrity to rebook before they cancelled it on us. So we picked a sailing and I specifically told the rep it was the only cruise comparable to what we had originally but we were not sure it would work. She assured us it was fine if we needed to rebook it. Well it's not fine now.

I really don't want to lose all these benefits. I'm not new to X so I know that the onboard booking benefits carry over. It's unfortunate that there are always new people working at X that don't understand the old promos. The two CC people I spoke to today I've never even heard of before.

Disappointed!

celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com

Good luck!

Good luck but it sounds like Celebrity honoured their first deal when they cancelled the cruise and put you out. Now that you are the one cancelling and rebooking they are under no obligation to carry over the perks.

I had to cancel and rebook a cruise that I had booked onboard and was subject to the promo in existance at the time I booked. Good news is that I subsequently had to cancel the second cruise and am now booked in a cruise (the 3rd as part of the original booking) which is much closer to what I had first time around.

The perks associated with the original booking don't carry through in perpetuity to any booking you transfer it to.

Let us know what happens, but sometimes the rules are the rules.

In my experience, the additional OBC from booking on board (not from specific promotions) and reduced deposit will carry forward if you change the cruise. The price and perks are subject to what is being offered at the time.

Mike

I don't see you getting to keep those original perks on a new booking. We recently changed our booking for a cruise next year and we had to give all those same benefits away....it hurt for a minute, and now I'm over it. :)

I don't see you getting to keep those original perks on a new booking. We recently changed our booking for a cruise next year and we had to give all those same benefits away....it hurt for a minute, and now I'm over it. :)

So then what's the sense of booking on board then? I very rarely know what I want to do so far in advance, that's one reason we never book on board. I'm surprised so many do.

So then what's the sense of booking on board then? I very rarely know what I want to do so far in advance, that's one reason we never book on board. I'm surprised so many do.

I am not sure this has anything to do with booking onboard. The OP didn't say it was an onboard booking, and the one we changed wasn't an onboard booking.

We made a booking with our TA during the promotion that gave us 4 different perks. A few months later we cancelled to book a cruise that would work better for us, and lost all but one perk. A few weeks later I found an even better cruise for us and it happened to be on Royal....so we lost all the perks. Like I said, I'm over it.

The OP didn't say it was an onboard booking,

Yes, they did. It was their first sentence:

History: We booked an 11nt Summit cruise onboard another cruise 15 months ago. They had a great 123GO onboard offer that gave us 600OBC, Beverage Package, Gratuities and internet for a regular rate.

Edited by CruisingChick

Yes, they did. It was their first sentence:

Sorry, I missed that. :(

The promotion they are referring to was available for a time to anyone booking an eligible cruise. I'm not sure there is much of a reason to book online these days.

In my experience, the additional OBC from booking on board (not from specific promotions) and reduced deposit will carry forward if you change the cruise. The price and perks are subject to what is being offered at the time.

Mike

I switched an onboard booking in March this year from a July 2016 Constellation cruise to a May 2016 Silhouette one and kept all my booking bonuses PLUS moved it to a TA and got even more OBC

Even changed categories (AQ to C2) :D

Edited by A Sixth?

I switched an onboard booking in March this year from a July 2016 Constellation cruise to a May 2016 Silhouette one and kept all my booking bonuses PLUS moved it to a TA and got even more OBC

The onboard booking bonuses (additional OBC and reduced deposit) will transfer. Were there other bonuses that you got to keep that weren't currently being offered for new bookings as well?

We had a similar situation to the OP except the original cruise was booked under the early booking incentive and we needed the perks moved to a third cruise because Celebrity UK actually encouraged us to transfer to a temporary holding cruise until the new season cruises were released. [The cruise on which we were originally booked was a once-a-year repositioning cruise that we particularly wanted to take and, thus, was not available again until the new cruises were released.]

The conditions of the Celebrity cancellation of our original cruise were that they would honour all the original perks and give us compensation OBC if we rebooked within two weeks in equivalent accommodation. There was no equivalent accommodation on virtually every cruise available at the time our cruise was cancelled. [We were booked in a PH which, at the time, were selling early.] Our case was complicated because, unusually, shareholder OBC WAS combinable with the early booking incentive in the UK when we booked the original cruise. The package was worth fighting for because the value of the perks was unusably extremely high.

We eventually received all the original perks but it took 18 months and a huge amount of stress. I cannot offer a telephone number for the OP to use because the only way I got this resolved was to write a traditional letter enclosing copies of all the supporting documentation. This letter eventually made its way to someone with sufficient seniority at Miami who telephoned me promising to resolve the issue. It then took this person some months of fighting the Celebrity computer system to return all the perks to us. I would just about give up and wake up to find one more perk had been added. A huge amount of patience was required.

Unfortunately, I cannot find who I wrote the letter to but I believe it was someone in the UK office so of no use to the OP. However, I have always found an old-fashioned letter works best - probably because companies receive so few of these in these days of electronic communications.

Edited by Project_gal

they would decline giving you the added offers. You said you got cancelled on in November....and had a 2 week window to rebook and felt pressured. They said you could change it....

I think you waiting 5 months to do so might be the reason why they are saying no and will continue to say no....

If you say had tried within 30 days, I might agree with you....but this is May already (from November)- so I can understand their position...

Bernadette

I was assured that no matter what all the onboard benefits would always carry over and I would not have to purchase the Go Best or the most expensive rate in addition.

The others reply have been spot on when it comes to policy.

If celebrity causes a change then you are entitled to all benefits and offers you had when you made the booking onboard.

Once you yourself ask to change ship/sail date then a regular representative will not be able to make the promotions stay. Only someone with senior access will be able to reapply them and sometimes only managers (Depends on exact offer).

However the reasons why I reply is because of the highlights in the quote from you.

If this have been said then there should be remarks left by that agent in the booking mentioning that this was promised. If the remarks are there they can just escalate this to their supervisor. A written promise from a celebrity representative will be honored even if it is outside Celebrity standard policy. :cool:

Alternative solution would be to ask them to check who made the changes for you the last time and ask them to assign this booking to the same person. Any changes made in a reservation is logged by the system with username and full name (unless person quit. In that case only username will show ;)).

Do keep in mind that if they do get the old promotions back you would loose the right to any promotions that are offered today. By the sounds of it the old promotion still have a better value for you but might as well set the right expectations :)

Good luck!

So then what's the sense of booking on board then? I very rarely know what I want to do so far in advance,

Some people can and do make decisions far in advance, and for those than can/do, they get to enjoy extra perks. Celebrity has never said they will make sure that every offer they put out there is viable for every single potential passenger. Use what works for you, pass on what doesn't.

Maybe the same or a better booking offer was in place when you rebooked. Sounds like that isn't the case for the OP.

One thing to keep in mind is the 123Go promo can only be used up until April 30, 2017. If you try and book past that date you will lose the promo.

We have 6 cruises booked between now and Sept 2017. Vacation is vacation we stick to our plan.

Thanks for all the responses. I am going to try again and call tonight. Have been busy working and by the time I got to call last night is was 8:05 and I missed the captains club by 5 minutes :)

I will keep pressing as long as I can. They are not even honoring the onboard booking bonus which always carries over. Maybe I just happened to get a rep that didn't know what they were doing.

I'm just aggravated because I wouldn't be in this situation if X hadn't chartered our cruise. I was a fabulous extented Summit itinerary that included St. Vincent and an overnight in Barbados. And it just so happened that our FIL would be in town for a conference to watch our son. Now we are just going to stick with booking cruises when he's out of school. Would be nice for the parents to get away for once.

I'll let you know the outcome. Crazy times. Our son is having his Bar Mitzvah in three weeks and then we sail the Oasis. I'm either going to Love that ship or Hate it. We'll see!

Irrelevant of the specific issue, this is where having a good TA sometimes helps. Our TA has solved issues for us that we probably could not do by ourselves without a lot of trouble if at all.

DON