European Cruise

I am a huge RCL fan - love the service and most of their ships. That being said their prices in Europe this summer are a bit much so I've been looking around.

My choices are (prices are per person two traveling):

A. RCL Vision on the Seas from Venice to Dubrovnik, Athens, Corfu and Split

Large Inside is $610.00

*Dubrovnik and Split are big selling points - ship and cabin are not.

B. Princess Royal Princess from Athens to Thira, Kotor, Messina and Naples ending in Barcelona

Deluxe Obstructed Balcony $840

*Thira, Kotor, Naples and Barcelona as well as newer ship and cabin are selling points

C. Celebrity Equinox from Athens to Thira, Rhodes, Mykonos and Kusadasi ending in Istanbul Balcony Guarantee $697

*Thira, Mykonos, D+ benefits carrying over, cabin and price are all selling points

If budget is an issue, you have to factor in airfare as well - in all cases you listed, the airfare will be more than the cruise fare and could vary a lot depending on dates and location.

Sorry, should have spoken to the budget. We're looking to keep the cruise about $850. per person - plus tours and on-board spending. The flights don't matter much as I'm retired airline staff and can get pretty much anywhere rather cheap :-)

Sorry, should have spoken to the budget. We're looking to keep the cruise about $850. per person - plus tours and on-board spending. The flights don't matter much as I'm retired airline staff and can get pretty much anywhere rather cheap :-)

What are your goals? Is it all about the ship or the sites on land? Have you been to Europe before? Are you looking at shorter (and thus cheaper) cruises in order to spend more time (and thus $$) on land as part of your vacation or are you just cruising only (flying there and back right away)?

What are your goals? Is it all about the ship or the sites on land? Have you been to Europe before? Are you looking at shorter (and thus cheaper) cruises in order to spend more time (and thus $$) on land as part of your vacation or are you just cruising only (flying there and back right away)?

I'm hoping to have a good mix of ship and ports.

I have been to Europe 50+ times.

The RCL and Princess itineraries have the most new ports for me but Celebrity gets me Thira and Mykonos which I have wanted to get back to for several years.

I have family responsibilities that only allow me about 10 days or so away at a time so a 7 night cruise with pre and post night fits the bill.

I'm hoping to have a good mix of ship and ports.

I have been to Europe 50+ times.

The RCL and Princess itineraries have the most new ports for me but Celebrity gets me Thira and Mykonos which I have wanted to get back to for several years.

I have family responsibilities that only allow me about 10 days or so away at a time so a 7 night cruise with pre and post night fits the bill.

Ah, ok. Then I'd go Equinox... great price for balcony. I'd love to get on Solstice Class someday myself. If it were for itinerary only I'd pick Vision, But Equinox not bad at all (especially if you can spend a night or two in Istanbul and/or Athens pre and post cruise... great trip. :D

I am a huge RCL fan - love the service and most of their ships. That being said their prices in Europe this summer are a bit much so I've been looking around.

My choices are (prices are per person two traveling):

A. RCL Vision on the Seas from Venice to Dubrovnik, Athens, Corfu and Split

Large Inside is $610.00

*Dubrovnik and Split are big selling points - ship and cabin are not.

B. Princess Royal Princess from Athens to Thira, Kotor, Messina and Naples ending in Barcelona

Deluxe Obstructed Balcony $840

*Thira, Kotor, Naples and Barcelona as well as newer ship and cabin are selling points

C. Celebrity Equinox from Athens to Thira, Rhodes, Mykonos and Kusadasi ending in Istanbul Balcony Guarantee $697

*Thira, Mykonos, D+ benefits carrying over, cabin and price are all selling points

I'd recommend Vision - Venice is great, Dubrovnik and Corfu are two of my favourites. Haven't been to Split yet, but haven't heard anything but good things about it.

I'd be for Celebrity, regardless of Venice. That being said, are these 7 night cruises? If so, I would never consider a Med cruise of less than 10 nights.

Same here considering cost of airfare, we have 12 day cruise out of Barcelona in a few months,

When it's possible for you, I would advice you to include Kotor, Montenegro in your itinerary. That's a very nice town in the most beautiful bay in the Adriatic Sea.

We did that last year with the Vision of the Seas, which we thought it was a very nice ship with a very nice crew and a very nice itinerary.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Edited by Bril

Thank you all for the feedback.

Yes they are all 6-7 day cruises. As I have family obligations I can't do anything longer - I'm caregiver to my mother and it's tricky to schedule care for her when I go away. I'm just grateful that I am able to get what I can get.

Airfare is not an issue for me since I'm retired British Airways staff - my flights generally cost about $300 so I do get to Europe a few times a year.