Chef's table

teaach

Is Chef's Table usually on a sea day and can you charge the cost to the final bill before final payment? I think I can make a reservation before boarding.

The Chef's table can be any day they choose, not necessarily a sea day. They will notify you as to when they will have it.

It is charged to your sail and sign card.

Chef's table is all days. You need to make reservations on board with the Guest Service desk. The charge will be put on your sail & sign card.

Definitely DO NOT wait until you're onboard to make reservations. Email now (search Chef's Table and you'll find several links giving the particulars) and request your reservation. If you wait until you board they may be fully booked.

Chef's table is all days. You need to make reservations on board with the Guest Service desk. The charge will be put on your sail & sign card.

By "all days" you mean it could be any day, not that there is a Chef's Table every night, right? I have never heard that it's an every night thing. I have heard one night mostly. Sometimes two (and at least one report of no nights due to lack of interest). But never every night.

You can (and probably should) make reservations before boarding. I made mine through an email to "eventplanning@carnival.com". I gave them my name, number of guests, ship, sail date, and booking number. I received a response from the steakhouse on board confirming the reservation. I would assume that you could email the steakhouse directly, as well.

Definitely DO NOT wait until you're onboard to make reservations. Email now (search Chef's Table and you'll find several links giving the particulars) and request your reservation. If you wait until you board they may be fully booked.

Search where? Google? There's nothing on the Carnival site that says you make advance reservations.

Tip: Reserve early because this once-in-a-lifetime experience has limited seating. Reservations can be made at the ship’s Guest Services desk.

You can (and probably should) make reservations before boarding. I made mine through an email to "eventplanning@carnival.com". I gave them my name, number of guests, ship, sail date, and booking number. I received a response from the steakhouse on board confirming the reservation. I would assume that you could email the steakhouse directly, as well.

This is the best way to get reservations.

Chef's Table will not be every night. Most likely they gauge the interest and their availability and book what they can. You'll get notified in your room once aboard what night you're scheduled, but you want to confirm a reservation before boarding.

Search where? Google? There's nothing on the Carnival site that says you make advance reservations.

From Carnival.com (FAQ>Dining and Beverage Options>The Chef's Table)

Pre-Cruise Reservation Procedures

Prior to the cruise, guests can send an email to Group Event Planning at eventplanning@carnival.com.

Requests must be submitted no later than 7 days prior to the sail date.

The subject line should read ‘Chef’s Table Request’ and the email should include the following information:

Names

Number of guests attending (children must be 12 years of age and older to participate)

Ship and Saildate

Booking Number and Cabin Number

Group Event Planning will email the request to the specific ship Maitre d’.

The Maitre d’ will respond directly to the guest if they are able to accommodate the request.

Once onboard, the guest’s Sail & Sign card will be charged.

You would think they would mention this on the actual Chef's Table page, and not have do dig through the FAQ's. I've always been told on board only by people and the page implies that as well. Super excited I got this info, sent my email out to get this secured for my August trip.

I e-mailed event planner referenced above in April for an August cruise on the Breeze. Got a canned response the same day saying my request had been forwarded to the proper place.

Two days later received confirmation from the Breeze saying we would receive info once on board re date and time.

All thanks to great information received on this forum. Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the reminder about booking this. I was waiting until the Vista launched to put in my reservation for my July 2017 chef's table - just did that now.

To the previous poster who had been told to do it on board: while it was true that you could wait and do that in the past, it has now become so popular that an early reservation is a must.

You would think they would mention this on the actual Chef's Table page, and not have do dig through the FAQ's. I've always been told on board only by people and the page implies that as well. Super excited I got this info, sent my email out to get this secured for my August trip.

Once the process changed to including a back door method of taking and making reservations, the "ordinary" cruiser is now out of luck.

And it's disingenuous that the back door method is not yet published. You have to be a member of an active Facebook group to now know all the secrets. Only the people in the know now get the worm.

Once the process changed to including a back door method of taking and making reservations, the "ordinary" cruiser is now out of luck.

And it's disingenuous that the back door method is not yet published. You have to be a member of an active Facebook group to now know all the secrets. Only the people in the know now get the worm.

LOL, back door method? Disingenuous? Secrets? Really? :D:D You are pretty funny this morning, you are kidding right? I think they really want people to attend these, not make them a secret. What exactly is an ordinary cruiser BTW? IF there is one cruise line who treats their cruisers equally, it is Carnival.

In my experience it is easiest to email the matre'd on the ship directly.

On my last cruise not enough people signed up so it was cancelled. This happens a lot on the short weekend cruises. If it is a longer cruise they fill up fast. It's not uncommon to have more than one night. I have waited until I was onboard in the past an been told "no room for you" LOL

Maitre d' - xxmaitred@carnival.com

Steakhouse - xxsteakhouse@carnival.com (for ships with a steakhouse)

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

The new list has the Sunshine and removes the Destiny that was slayed 3 years ago.

Carnival emails :

Use two letter ship code replacing xx.

General - xxradio@carnival.com (put addressee/dept in subject line)

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

PR Pride

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

SH Sunshine

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

VS Vista

We have always Emailed the Steak House for CT reservations and get a confirmation back within a few days. They never told us the day it would be held, just to check once on board.

During embarkation there has been a table for Steak House reservations set up near the lobby some where. I always went and confirmed with them and got the date.

This last NYE cruise they did it three nights due to high interest. If the night it's scheduled doesn't work for you then just cancel it as they don't charge you until the night at the end of the dinner.