Mexican Train Game Summit

YAKE

Is the Mexican Train Game available on the Summit.

I wish there was. We brought it one year, but had a hard time finding tables big enough to play with 6 people. You should have seen TSA having a fit seeing the dark rectangular dominoes and trying to figure out what they were.

No, it is not available on the ship, but we travel with a travel set everywhere we go. It is a bit heavy, but my husband and I travel with my parents and the four of us have had games around the world. We have even played train on a train from Paris to Barcelona. Bring your own and have your own fun. FYI the card room works great for this and I am grateful Celebrity offers it. Last cruise was on Princess and they don't have a card room, so we were Mexican Train nomads constantly looking for quiet areas with tables where we wouldn't annoy other passenger.

You need to take your own set. Put them in Ziploc bags and divide among 2 people :). Plenty of room in card room for six to play. Also, on last cruise they let bridge players use Tuscan Grill from 11a-4p. We sometimes went in there to play (though I don't think the bridge players liked it too much).

We put ours in an insulated lunch bag, the kind with the sandwich compartment in the bottom. That's where the hub and trains go. We pick them blindly out of the bag rather than spread out a bone yard. You'll find us in team earth or the card room on the October 3 Equinox out of Barcelona if you'd like to join in!

Edited by marieps

• 2 weeks later...

Marieps -

Maybe we could play a round with you on October 3rd. We will be disembarking in Barcelona that day from the Equinox with out Mexican Train set. We could meet in the cruise terminal!

Edited by TigerLadyK
was not finished