Mariner room with and without bathtub

You can't call it realy a BATH on the Mariner in the combi suites. It is more a small babybath. We had the combi because my wife like to relax in it.

It was and no bath and no shower. So she only could use it with more skin out the water than under and the shower was so small you always feel the curtain.

What type of suite were you in? Our experiences with bathtub suites is that the tubs are quite large. My only issue with the bathtubs is they are really difficult to get into and out of. IMO, it would be easy to fall when getting into or out of the tub if the ship was moving (and it isn't easy to even if it is not).

Mariner is our favourite Regent ship*, but we always opt for a shower-only suite; in our opinion the tub/shower combo is neither good for showering nor for bathing and is very awkward to get into/out of.

The showers in the Mariner shower-only suites are excellent

* We have yet to sample Explorer

It was a F suite. But in several reviews the comment is the same.

We are happy that our next cruise is Voyager with separate bath and shower.

I guess that my memory of the bathtub is incorrect. While we sailed on the Mariner several times, in recent years we have been in a shower suite.

We do miss the Voyager (our favorite suite until the Explorer debuted) but have to wait until next year to sail on her again :o

Wendy,

It would not hurt to put in a request with your TA and/or Regent

When we opted for a GTY on Mariner, last summer, we asked for our shower preference to be noted and got what we requested :)

Flossie

After reading numerous negative comments about the tubs on Mariner, I was worried as we had a cat. G GTY for our Nov 21016 cruise. So I called Regent and asked them to note our booking for a shower only suite, if possible.

The nice young lady from Regent said she would be glad to do so, as this is a common request and it should not be a problem.

A week before sailing we received our suite assignment. The good news was it was a Concierge suite. The bad news was it had a tub. As we had booked a GTY, I am aware we rolled the dice and accepted our fate.

I would not book a GTY again on Mariner. We are not seniors, but the tub is dangerous. It is narrow and very high to step into and then to step out of onto the floor. I don't know how old and unsteady people manage it. In rough seas, it is a serious injury waiting to happen.