Spending limit when sailings with family

WestLakeGirl

I know that it's possible to put speeding ,Limits on minor children's Seapasses, but what about a spouse, or someone else you are financially responsible for who isn't a minor. Can you also put spending limits on those accounts too?

Exactly..have each "adult" person set up their own account, if they can't adhere to your rules! Yes...you can definitely put a set amount of cash on each account...when it's gone, you'll be called to "refill" it, or charging privileges are suspended.

If charging privileges are suspended when the cash is gone, possibly you could visit guest relations to add some small amount to the account each day? I know cruise lines cater to travelers with special needs--there was a large group traveling together on the NCL ship that was in port with us on each of our visits to Bermuda. I imagine they have some good strategies you can use.

What is it you would like your aunt to be able to purchase?

If she has a beverage package (the classic non-alcohol might be a good choice--soft drinks, hot coffee and cocoa at the Cafe, bottled water) then she might not need to buy much on her sea pass at all.

You can set a spending limit for each day or up to a specific amount.

Setting up a cash account works as well but that might already give her more money then you want to limit her too with the initial deposit. (200$)

My advice is to inquire at the service desk with a limit that you want to put on her card.

I don't think learning how to budget is in the cards for her.

I know that she likes having her own card, and is liable to order something above her beverage limit, which is ok, but not sure she would show good judgement in all situations.

We will discuss this all with Guest Relations for their guidance