New Dining Room Menus

Here is what will happen.

Create smaller portions of basically the same items.

Rotate all the side items.

Change the garnish.

Give everything a new fancy name.

Boom! The crowd goes wild.................................

Edited by matj2000

I look forward to some new menus.

We cruised the Grandeur for 10 days recently and there were at least 3 nights that I had trouble making a dinner selection. . . . and I am usually one that says if I do not have to cook it or do the dishes I am happy. DH ate sliders 2 nights. He said at least he knew it was something he would eat.

The first night almost the entire table got the strip sirloin. It did not matter if you got the medium rare or the medium well, you could not cut the steak--or chew it. [i remember that they always had prime rib on the first night, but that was moved to the second formal night.]

I had the Pork Oscar[may not be exact name] one night. The meat was wafer thin and cooked to shoe leather. I scooped the little bit of sauce into the mashed potatoes and that was my entree. [DH had the sliders that night---I should have followed his example.]

Hope that the rumors are true. Sliders and kiddy menu have filled in a lot of days. One upside to the standing menus now is that it is easy to pick a day to do Chops etc. I know food is subjective, but the menus now just aren't my "subject"

If this happens, I'd be very interested to see what they came up with. We had the same menu back in 2012 and 2013 and it would be nice to have something different. Although I can't complain, some of you have been on RCI much more than I over the last few years and are probably bored [emoji6]

If this happens, I'd be very interested to see what they came up with. We had the same menu back in 2012 and 2013 and it would be nice to have something different. Although I can't complain, some of you have been on RCI much more than I over the last few years and are probably bored [emoji6]

Wouldn't say bored since I only cruise once or twice a year. But change is always good. :)

Here's hoping they bring back the Vidalia Onion Tart. Why they got rid of it, I'll never know. And hopefully, make the deserts better. They look great, but sadly I can't say the same for taste and texture for most of them.

Erika

I'm actually glad that the menu won't change before my upcoming cruise because I have a severe food allergy (to mango, unfortunately) and I like knowing the level of the presence of the allergen so that I can plan.

Honestly, if they start using my allergen in a lot more ingredients then that would impact my decision-making if I decide to cruise again in the future. With the current menu, I feel ok with just having the allergy listed on file and with notifying the waitstaff. This is one reason why I am glad that I am doing traditional dining.

Aside from that, I generally like variety. What I've seen of the current menu looks interesting to me. I will have to evaluate the new menu whenever it comes out and see if it would work for me. It would be a factor in deciding future travel plans.

Edited by Wanderista

I look forward to some new menus.

We cruised the Grandeur for 10 days recently and there were at least 3 nights that I had trouble making a dinner selection. . . . and I am usually one that says if I do not have to cook it or do the dishes I am happy. DH ate sliders 2 nights. He said at least he knew it was something he would eat.

The first night almost the entire table got the strip sirloin. It did not matter if you got the medium rare or the medium well, you could not cut the steak--or chew it. [i remember that they always had prime rib on the first night, but that was moved to the second formal night.]

I had the Pork Oscar[may not be exact name] one night. The meat was wafer thin and cooked to shoe leather. I scooped the little bit of sauce into the mashed potatoes and that was my entree. [DH had the sliders that night---I should have followed his example.]

If that happens again, unless you are pressed for time to go to a show, order something else. The waitstaff are happy to bring you something that's more to your liking.:)

I would welcome a new menu - I usually can find something tasty to eat, but on the last night in particular, the "thank you, now get out" menu is simply not to my taste. DH loves the turkey, so we alternate between going and not.

Here's hoping they bring back the Vidalia Onion Tart. Why they got rid of it, I'll never know.

Erika

I was thinking the same thing!! My favorite dish by far!!

I agree. I got off the Allure yesterday and never had a bad meal during our seven day cruise, and the deserts were amazing. We must have some five star chefs on here if they don't like the food or the menu! My problem was trying to decide which one I would choose!

Hope they bring back shrimp cocktail every night. Can't understand why they have escargots every night, but not shrimp cocktail! Would love the cream of asparagus soup brought back also.

Hope they bring back shrimp cocktail every night. Can't understand why they have escargots every night, but not shrimp cocktail!

It might not be on the menu but you can ask for shrimp cocktail and you'll likely get it.

It might not be on the menu but you can ask for shrimp cocktail and you'll likely get it.

I thought this too but when on the Adventure this past March, I asked for a shrimp cocktail and they told me no. I asked for crab cakes and clam chowder and the answer was no. They were polite but I was surprised.