Room service in the haven aft penthouse

My wife and me, my son, daughter in law and grandson will be sailing on the Breakaway in August, my wife and me will be in the Haven Aft Penthouse. My son, daughter in law and grandson will be in a mini suite. My question is, if we all wanted to have dinner on our balcony, can we. Or will the butler tell us no cause they aren't in a haven room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great question. I would check with the Haven pre-cruise concierge 855.625.4283. Have your reservation # handy.

Also, if you are lucky with your butler, they might accommodate you anyway. Tip accordingly!:cool::cool:

My wife and me, my son, daughter in law and grandson will be sailing on the Breakaway in August, my wife and me will be in the Haven Aft Penthouse. My son, daughter in law and grandson will be in a mini suite. My question is, if we all wanted to have dinner on our balcony, can we. Or will the butler tell us no cause they aren't in a haven room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tysonboxer when are you going? We are also going in August on the 21st. From what I understand is that you can have non-haven guests to the resturant 2 times for a $25 fee (not sure it is per person or total) I am guessing that it may be the same? But would be interested in what the concierge desk says

I don't think that would be a problem at all.

You are welcome to have non haven guests in your suite all you want. If you order room service, so be it. They aren't going to watch who eats what.

We're going on August 7, I know there is s $25 charge per person if you bring them to the haven restaurant, but this is room service. They would be delivering 5 meals, that's why I am asking this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're going on August 7, I know there is s $25 charge per person if you bring them to the haven restaurant, but this is room service. They would be delivering 5 meals, that's why I am asking this.

Last we knew, there aren't restrictions on who you can invite or entertain in your suite.

For those in the Haven (some ships have suites that aren't Haven suites) as for those in other suites, you can invite others for snacks or a cocktail party, etc., or to join you in meals.

IF there are "extra cost" items (like beverages) or meals from specialty restaurants, you'd be billed for those.

Otherwise, no extra cost.

But it would be nice to give the Butler some advance notice if possible, and also an extra tip is always appreciated, especially when the Butlers do something extra.

Enjoy!

We sailed an aft haven on the BA you can order whatever you want. Of course if it is from specialty restaurants you would have to pay. We had a party for 20 on our balcony with food and drinks. Just don't forget to tip your butler appropriately.

Enjoy your cruise :)

Thanks everyone for the replies. I know the haven restaurant has lobster, suppose everyone ordered it. Would they charge extra for the people that aren't in the haven like they would if I brought them to the haven restaurant.

We are on the same sailing in an H4 in the Haven. I believe you can have your family in your cabin for a meal. Not sire about the Haven lobster dinner though. See you in a few montths!

Thanks everyone for the replies. I know the haven restaurant has lobster, suppose everyone ordered it. Would they charge extra for the people that aren't in the haven like they would if I brought them to the haven restaurant.

The haven restaurant is for haven guests. For non haven guests the charge is $25 per person. Whether consumed in the restaurant or in your suite. Can extend this twice per 7 day cruise.

If you want another alternative try the lobster at Tepenyaki. Grilled in butter. No soy sauce. Delicious.

Edited by DMH15

• 5 months later...
We sailed an aft haven on the BA you can order whatever you want. Of course if it is from specialty restaurants you would have to pay. We had a party for 20 on our balcony with food and drinks. Just don't forget to tip your butler appropriately.

I have not been able to find an answer to this question. What if your guests have the Specialty Dining Package ? We are going to be in a Penthouse suite on the Dawn. We are traveling with friends who will be in a mini suite. If we wanted them to have dinner in our cabin one night, how would that work ?

We have done this multiple times with other family members, or I should say, we have tried to do it multiple times, mostly successfully, with the butler charging the other non-suite guests as well as us for one of our SDP meals. I've done it once on Epic and twice on Breakaway successfully - we were all just charged one SDP meal and everyone was as pleasant as could be. On breakaway, our butler even brought us drinks from the bar with our dinner charged against our UBP, which they really aren't supposed to do. We of course all ordered from the same specialty restaurant, either Cagneys or LeBistro. In my personal opinion, ordering from multiple restaurants is incredibly burdensome for the butler, who has other guests to serve..... Butler and concierge both tipped very well.

In contrast, on the Gem I was told in no uncertain terms that the perk of being able to apply the SDP credit to a room service delivered meal was limited to suite guests only, and my non-suite guests would be charged al a carte. The concierge would not budge. So this most recent time, when it was al a carte, my guests only ordered an entree at my urging and my husband and I ordered everything else because we were so irritated - yes, I know that is cheating -- well, maybe not technically because we didn't order multiples of anything, but we each ordered a soup, starter, salad, entrée, two sides and dessert, and we asked for extra fruit for the melted chocolate thing from LeBistro, which we would never ever normally do - who could eat that much -- and then shared. But it is beyond ridiculous that every ship has its own different set of rules in the same fleet.

On the same Gem cruise, the same concierge would not allow us to order our platinum meal to be served in our room, and that really annoyed me as well, because the only reason we asked was because I had twisted my ankle in port and had taken a hot bath to soak my ankle, and didn't want to dress and walk a mile to the restaurant-- they said no and countered with an offer to bring me a wheelchair. This, plus a multitude of other issues, resulted in a minimal tip for the butler, and for the first time ever, no tip at all for the concierge....

Terry

We have done this multiple times with other family members, or I should say, we have tried to do it multiple times, mostly successfully, with the butler charging the other non-suite guests as well as us for one of our SDP meals. I've done it once on Epic and twice on Breakaway successfully - we were all just charged one SDP meal and everyone was as pleasant as could be. On breakaway, our butler even brought us drinks from the bar with our dinner charged against our UBP, which they really aren't supposed to do. We of course all ordered from the same specialty restaurant, either Cagneys or LeBistro. In my personal opinion, ordering from multiple restaurants is incredibly burdensome for the butler, who has other guests to serve..... Butler and concierge both tipped very well.

In contrast, on the Gem I was told in no uncertain terms that the perk of being able to apply the SDP credit to a room service delivered meal was limited to suite guests only, and my non-suite guests would be charged al a carte. The concierge would not budge. So this most recent time, when it was al a carte, my guests only ordered an entree at my urging and my husband and I ordered everything else because we were so irritated - yes, I know that is cheating -- well, maybe not technically because we didn't order multiples of anything, but we each ordered a soup, starter, salad, entrée, two sides and dessert, and we asked for extra fruit for the melted chocolate thing from LeBistro, which we would never ever normally do - who could eat that much -- and then shared. But it is beyond ridiculous that every ship has its own different set of rules in the same fleet.

On the same Gem cruise, the same concierge would not allow us to order our platinum meal to be served in our room, and that really annoyed me as well, because the only reason we asked was because I had twisted my ankle in port and had taken a hot bath to soak my ankle, and didn't want to dress and walk a mile to the restaurant-- they said no and countered with an offer to bring me a wheelchair. This, plus a multitude of other issues, resulted in a minimal tip for the butler, and for the first time ever, no tip at all for the concierge....

Terry

I agree, I was staying in the Graden Villa and they refused to bring me fajitas from OSheehans, then we decided to order in 1 meal, butler brought us menus, then tells us no we cannot order from the specialty menus even though we had original UDP. I wound up ordering the ala carte lobster from the main dining room. I was not impressed with the service on the Gem and it is a shame because that was always one of my favorite ships. I have never had an issue with any of the services on the BA, whatever I ask for is accommodated no questions asked.

No wonder the butler service is hit and miss.. Honestly 20 people? ..just plain wrong , unless the 20 people were also in a Haven room.

No wonder the butler service is hit and miss.. Honestly 20 people? ..just plain wrong , unless the 20 people were also in a Haven room.

Sorry. You are incorrect.

I hosted our cabin crawl and it ended at our aft penthouse suite on the Sun. My butler offered to help. Pleaded with me. I had a bar setup and my blender. She brought snacks snd drinks. I kept telling her thanks and she did not need to stay. She said she wanted to. Most people, including her, left after 30 minutes.

One of the CC gripes is how "the haven and suite" people are a separate class. Well, I like people and some of those that I have met onboard, and who remain friends, have been non-suite pax.

I have enjoyed socializing with friends and family not in suites. We have had wonderful dinners in the complimentary venues.

But hosting a party, with the assistance of a butler is certainly appropriate. As long as the host is a suite guest. Guests are not "checked at the door" to see if they are "special" or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I disagree. People in large suites often have cocktail parties for multiple guests. I have done it. I have paid many extra dollars to order shrimp, cheese platters and bottles of wine and liquor. I dont ask for free stuff; I arrange it in advance -- sometimes even before I board (just as if I wanted to arrange a party in a private room elsewhere on the ship), I place an order for what I want served (and pay for it) and then tip the butler well for orchestrating it.

I have been to meet and greets where the person in the Garden Villa, or on a huge aft suite deck has held a gathering, and I assume they do the same as I do - pay for what they order and tip well for the extra service.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that, and the concierge or events planner will help you set it up. Absolutely everything wrong with it if you are trying to get them to serve a party of 20 for free.

Terry

Okay should not have used the word "wrong".. should be changed to selfish. You take butlers time away to tend to the other paying Haven passengers to have him cater to you, and your 20 friends who are not entitled to any of it.

Anyone know if the Butler will bring you wings from O' Sheehans for room service on the Breakaway?

Yes. That is no problem at all.

Okay should not have used the word "wrong".. should be changed to selfish. You take butlers time away to tend to the other paying Haven passengers to have him cater to you, and your 20 friends who are not entitled to any of it.

NCL has no problem with Haven passengers hosting other guests. As for who is "entitled", it wouldn't matter if the guests were Haven guests or not. It is the host who is using the service.

Personally, I wouldn't want 20 people even if they are friends/family but I have had non-Haven guests served lunch by the butler.

If you think of it as "taking the butler's time..." then any request can be seen as taking the butler's time from other guests. If it is planned and coordinated before, I don't see a problem with it.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

Again, I disagree. I dont ask him to stand there and serve my guests, or make drinks, or to clean up. He delivers the food, ice, plates, napkins etc that I ordered -- usually all together on a single cart -- and sets it up on a table. I usually set up the bar stuff myself - well, at least I did when I could bring my own mixers. And then the butler leaves. It takes like 15 minutes at most. When my guests leave, I clean up everything and stack everything on a single table on the trays the food came on so they can whisk it away. If I had to guess, I would guess it takes far less time to drop off and set up a few platters that I pre-ordered than it takes for a Haven guest to seek a white cloth course by course meal service.

Terry

Again, you are incorrect. It is neither "wrong" or "selfish". And your insistance is close to offensive.

The butlers and concierges are professionals. They can and would easily say "no" to requests that are outside of the realm of their duties. Assisting suite and Haven pax in their hosting of gatherings is quite common. They do not scrutinize the guest list. The service is for the host.

The butlers and concierges I have had were always encouaging us to ask them for more to do for us.

Perhaps I will drop Hanno an email on the matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums