HMC Oasis, Villa, Cabana policy

sk84fungirl

So yes, another question about those "luxury covered areas" at HMC.

I've visited this port and must say it is one of my favs as far as a beach day. Reserved Cabana #9. Perfect location for us. Restroom right behind us, could walk to lunch, less foot traffic, and could still hear the music.

There were four in our party. According to the excursion guidelines, more than 6 require an additional cost per person. What is that for? additional equipment and refreshments? The reality is, any number of folks could technically stop by to visit with you while you're there. What if there were more than the maximum number at points throughout the day and you only paid the original cost? How is it monitored? or is at all? And does the same apply for the Villas and Oasis?

Just curious if anyone has had experience with more than the "paid maximum" and how it was handled.

Thank you!

1507882641_ECarib2011021.jpg.587f6cff04129ab156e8e81882c93b5a.jpg

185593674_ECarib2011022.jpg.ef0be9c7ae97439fe07495fc9ba90299.jpg

745919144_ECarib2011023.jpg.d02fa527cabce1565cc6d1cbac0cd8de.jpg

2018033361_ECarib2011024.jpg.249ea03e79a87d539db9a00898a5207c.jpg

834076285_ECarib2011025.jpg.d1d647ef9567a2153c14f4a63882e1ba.jpg

It has been discussed here MANY times. The extra charge is for equipment, food and beverages.

Many here will be less than responsible and allow others to join them in the cabana. Visiting is one thing, camping out is another.

It is also commonly discussed here 4 is fairly crowded in a standard cabana. More than 4 is crowded.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Thank you.

While I don't post much have been here for a few years and have seen the discussions. Did some research and just wanted to get folks input on their actual experience. See a lot about the cabanas, and hoping to get more detailed insight into the villas and Oasis as the villas were not there when I last visited. I am assuming it is the same concept.

Putting together a group cruise and will prepare tips for each port and am going to recommend folks reserve a cabana or villa for HMC if they have 4 to 6 in their group as a haven from the sun and crowds. Many will be first time cruisers.

Appreciate your insight.

As to the Oasis, I believe I have heard staff keep that pretty private, and challenge people who come strolling over. Pretty easy to do as the Oasis is isolated.

Correct Bruce. Was there with some friends this year.

We were taken to the Oasis by staff members in a minibus. Never knew that existed back there.

IF you have more than the 6 people your fee includes, you will pay extra for them. If you simply have "visitors"...and they don't require the stuff you get...then no worries!

Regular cabanas the fee covered number is 4, not 6. For the villas, the covered number is 8. For the Oasis it is 12.

Not sure what you are talking about...

Regular cabanas the fee covered number is 4, not 6. For the villas, the covered number is 8. For the Oasis it is 12.

Not sure what you are talking about...

I mentioned 6 in my original post. Think that is where it might have come from.