Question about suites on Oasis class

We currently have a Grand balcony suite booked on Allure next year. It will be 3 of us (myself, DH and teenage daughter).

I was looking at Harmony today and discovered that we can book it & upgrade to a Crown Loft suite for only $200 more total (not pp). It sounds like a terrific deal, so my question is this....are there any disadvantages to booking a Crown Loft suite on deck 17 on an Oasis class ship? I want to make sure I do thorough research before jumping on this bandwagon! :)

We currently have a Grand balcony suite booked on Allure next year. It will be 3 of us (myself, DH and teenage daughter).

I was looking at Harmony today and discovered that we can book it & upgrade to a Crown Loft suite for only $200 more total (not pp). It sounds like a terrific deal, so my question is this....are there any disadvantages to booking a Crown Loft suite on deck 17 on an Oasis class ship? I want to make sure I do thorough research before jumping on this bandwagon! :)

Under the circumstances you describe, I cannot think of any negatives.

Some Crown Loft Suites are better than others, based on the balcony and the view (which way they face).

But for $200..........go for it!

I think the Grand Suite has a larger balcony. But, you will gain an extra bathroom, which is a plus, especially with a teenage daughter. For the $200, I personally would upgrade to the Crown Loft because you do gain that extra bath which is helpful with 3 or more people. And, the rooms do look very nice.

Our first time on Allure will be this October in a side-facing (ocean view) CLS. I can't wait!!

Oh, check out YouTube. There are some good video tours of the Crown Lofts on Oasis and Allure.

Edited by jk04

No question, take the CLS for that price.

Last year, I did a OS and my brother did a CLS and they were the same price. So to get a CLS for $200 more than a GS is an outstanding deal.

If a tub is important then check the price for an OS. We loved ours and have another booked on Allure for October.

We love the huge balcony and the tub in the OS. But would have probably booked a CLS if we weren't taking the grandkids.

Thanks everyone!

Took the advice and we're watching You Tube videos right now! We've pretty much decided to upgrade to the CLS, so now, my next question relates to something "oftheseascruiser" mentioned. Should we look at a side-facing cabin or aft-facing? We've always had side-facing balcony cabins, but never an aft cabin, so I don't know of any positives or negatives regarding an aft cabin. What about vibrations in the aft?

Also, being on deck 17....I'm curious to know if you feel more motion that high up.

Thanks everyone for your input!! :)

Edited by jennmaybe

Just to be clear, the aft facing CLs overlook the sports deck; you certainly have a view of the ocean beyond, but you will not be "on" the water. Which is better is a matter of preference. We liked being able to watch folks zip lining OT playing b-ball, but if you want greater privacy (when you can see people, people can see you) or the peaceful quiet of the ocean waves passing by, opt for a side CL.

We thought the Oasis class ships were "A 10 out of 10"... but our CLS was an 11 out of 10! They are stunning and wonderful, I'd even pay $200/pp more over a GS for it, so for $200 total call before they change their mind! My wife said that any future O-class ships we must book the CLS

Also, I dunno about the GS but the CLS have two full bathrooms, downstairs has a shower, upstairs a double shower with rain showerhead. And the suite lounge is a few paces away for relaxing, canapes, or happy hour, meaning you're more likely to hit it up.

I see you booked - smart woman! Now to your question, if you can get a side-facing cabin I would for the added privacy. I had 1708 and it was great.

Edited by Gig103
Cabin #

We've sailed on Oasis, so it won't be our first Oasis class cruise, just never up on deck 17. We usually get a balcony on Deck 11 or 12. Oasis is still our favorite ship out of all our cruises and cruise lines!

Ok, so we booked an aft cabin last night, but, after reading ya'lls suggestions, we are going to change it to a side cabin. We LOVE our ocean view and being right there at it on the balcony.

Thank you for your feedback!!

Edited by jennmaybe

Can anyone tell me about the privacy of the ocean-facing balcony of the CLS? We have a GS currently, and have enjoyed the somewhat private feeling (floor to ceiling walls between next balcony and ours.) But the floor plan and location (17th floor, near suite lounge) of the CLS looks pretty cool.

Thanks!