Periscoping LIVE From Allure - May 15, 2016!

Just saw your scopes of Margaritaville. I can see why you went back there. Looks like great fun. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy yourselves.

It looked so nice thought I would check it out for our dates and it's sold out the night before our cruise. lol

Awesome. Another week I'll have trouble getting anything done at work lol.. I may have to watch archives so it doesn't interfere with my day job

Haha! I work retail so I never get to watch live. I'm always watching replays so no worries there. :) Thanks for checking them out no matter when it happens. I will be using #save for all my broadcasts this week.

Just saw your scopes of Margaritaville. I can see why you went back there. Looks like great fun. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy yourselves.

It looked so nice thought I would check it out for our dates and it's sold out the night before our cruise. lol

Thank you!

I really love it. It is pricey for me, but not for everybody. Definitely cheaper to stay at the embassy suites or the other popular places near Port Everglades, but this is a nice pre-vacation vacation for us and it's a lot of fun. :)

It is sold out now too. When I originally booked this stay back in January, it was REALLY expensive, around $450 for the one night. I kept checking back and I found it for $100 less in March, so I cancelled and re-booked. I kept checking for another price drop but after March it was completely sold out. You gotta get in early for this one.

My cruise is also completely sold out. I think someone on my roll call actually said it was oversold. :eek: :eek:

Thank you!

I really love it. It is pricey for me, but not for everybody. Definitely cheaper to stay at the embassy suites or the other popular places near Port Everglades, but this is a nice pre-vacation vacation for us and it's a lot of fun. :)

It is sold out now too. When I originally booked this stay back in January, it was REALLY expensive, around $450 for the one night. I kept checking back and I found it for $100 less in March, so I cancelled and re-booked. I kept checking for another price drop but after March it was completely sold out. You gotta get in early for this one.

My cruise is also completely sold out. I think someone on my roll call actually said it was oversold. :eek: :eek:

We are not cruising until early December so was surprised to find it sold out already. We will continue to check on it. Glad to hear you were able to get it a little cheaper. Being Canadian, it doesn't seem like any hotel on the beach is under C$400 in December. It was sticker shock the first time I looked. Our poor dollar needs to rebound.

I will be following both you and Kat! I followed quite a few of Bugsy's scopes...my first time! What a great app. It's making me even more excited about our upcoming cruise on the Jewel on June 1st. Maybe I'll even try my hand at scoping too.

60818e7be824629022596f081a51bc14.jpg

Andrew and other flowrider fanatics, here is the price list for the flowrider at Margaritaville.

Yow, those prices are steep. Especially with so many people on the wave and it is split in half. Sadly I'd pay if I was there.

c29b1868fef1cc6a5d51a4ae2395f32e.jpg

From the dirtiest window in the world in the hallway, I can see the Oasis sailing out to her next destination. I'll try to get up early to watch Allure come in tomorrow. [emoji322]

Cool, when did they start to have parasailing off the back of Oasis? :p

Okay, it is 3:22AM and I am WIDE AWAKE and bored, so I will write up a little review of my stay at the Margaritaville Resort Hollywood Beach.

Accommodations

We have a standard ocean view balcony room on the 15th floor. It overlooks the adult pool area on the 11th floor, as well as Hollywood Beach.

The room is nicely decorated, clean, with a large balcony furnished with two wooden chairs and a short table.

I really like the rooms here. Spacious and comfortable. Love the bedding, the pillows and covers are super plush, I want to take the whole bed with me on my cruise tomorrow [emoji23]

The AC is COLD which I love. I'm a Miami native and I blast the AC at home and I hate staying places where they restrict the controls. Here, you can put it down to 65 and run it on high, so the room can get very cold. [emoji951]

Bathrooms are nice, but weird. Private enclosure for toilet, but the shower is practically out in the open. No door on the shower and it gets drafty. Also not enough room for toiletries and soap. Water pressure is like a 6/10.

Amenities

The complex is huge. There are around 6 places to eat/drink, including the 5'Oclock Somewhere bar across the street.

We are at the main Margaritaville restaurant for lunch, my second time eating there, and both times were very good. I had the tacos which were very tasty, and a yummy watermelon margarita. My mother had the seafood Mac and cheese and enjoyed it.

There are three pools, two downstairs for all guests, and one upstairs on the 11th floor for adults only. I only found out it was adults only yesterday. Last time I was here, my best friend brought her 5 year old to the 11th floor pool and no one told her it was for adults only, so maybe that is a new policy.

The pool bars downstairs are great but can get crowded and service can be slow. This place is completely sold out and is PACKED, so no surprise there. Service seems to be quicker and calmer by the upstairs pool.

The big thing here is the Flowrider, of course. I have never seen one outside of a Royal ship so that is a treat, even though I don't ride. I just watch lol. [emoji16]

I posted the price list above, but I don't have a list of hours. Today, it was open until 6PM.

As part of your stay you have access to two beach chairs and umbrellas on the sand. I thought that was a nice perk.

I did not try the spa so cannot comment on that.

Goodness, this is getting long. Is it time to go on the Allure yet?! No?! It's only been 20 minutes since I started this?! [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

I like Hollywood Beach itself quite a lot. Even though I live in Miami, my beaches of choice are Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, and I sometimes go even further north to Hillsboro beach.

On Hollywood beach there are tons of restaurants and activities. The hotel itself provides a ton of entertainment and love music, and right outside the hotel there is the bandshell which is often used, providing live music for the boardwalk.

Final Thoughts

I really love this place as a pre cruise hotel, or even a staycation. There's lots to do and see, and the pool areas are massive and beautiful. As long as I can afford it, this is going to be my pre-cruise hotel going forward, and probably also my go to for any beach weekends I plan with friends in the future. My BFF in Tampa is already wanting to hang out here a couple times a year. [emoji5][emoji5]

Great for couples and families. Hotel rooms are not TOO expensive but the food and drinks are. So is parking. Self park is $30 and valet overnight is $35, nothing you can do there if you're driving.

Okay I'm done. Still not sleepy. Sigh

I'm always up around 6am, and then on vacation, forget it, I'm up by 5 most mornings. Sleep is for the weak! I'll sleep when I'm dead. [emoji88]

So here are some photos of that wonky bathroom.

d0181d515b063d7e0dd021e8e4c4d7e8.jpg

Showers just out in the open! At least there's a sliding door going into the bathroom so it's not totally open.

Toilet gets ultimate privacy though.

85e590823e492e8d47a009d44f597833.jpg

And here's my view from our sunrise. I was planning to get up with the sun but I stayed awake for two hours in the middle of the night so I slept until 7. Big whoop. [emoji16]

09e36f16f2996f5e102a2e454301b8c2.jpg

AAAAAND lastly for good measure, a view over the downstairs pool area and flowrider.

0a8950011667fa6c43bba0da298bdbc3.jpg

Well today's the big Day! So excited for you. Please get all the extra things I need to know. I do have one request. I heard rumors that they have raised the drink prices. Will you check on Martini, margarita & cocktails like mojito's. I am trying to decide if I should cancel my ultimate drink package. I like to social drink, but if the drink limit is $12 I might be paying a lot of overages on each drink on top of the package. I am leaving May 29th same itinerary. So if you have any good suggestions in Port let me know. Well most of all have fun and you girls be safe. Thanks for periscoping, but enjoy yourself. Sometimes I think people feel like they have to, please relax, we love to watch, but this is your vacation.

Hi Celisse -- sending a BON VOYAGE to you and your Mom. Have an awesome time on the Allure. Looking forward to pics and your 'scopes.

Enjoyed the scope yesterday of the Margaritaville Hollywood Beach hotel complex. Looks like a super fun place. Will have to put it on my list of hotels for FLL.

Celisse, are you at the port yet? We are here... boarding is delayed due to extra sanitizing. When we checked in, they said we need to take extra care to wash hands due to illness from the previous cruise. Hope to board soon. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're here and outside waiting for a wheelchair for my mom. I saw Kat's periscope that said boarding is delayed [emoji15] By the time we saw it, we had already checked out and were on our way. Had we known, we would have stayed for breakfast.

Oh well! We'll get on the ship soon enough. :)

Boarding is starting...hope they get you and your mom on soon! Since it is already crowded, we are heading to Sabor for lunch as soon as they let us on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk