Breakfast on the Ruby

HI-C-Dubs

Her warm friendly reply to this important information was " if you are dumb enough to stand in line on a open deck while going to Alaska you can have your Waffles". :D However while you are out you can stop by the HC and bring me a Lemon filled donut.

Depending on your itinerary, some mornings the ship will arrive into port too early to go to the MDR for breakfast (if you have places to go and things to do). When that happens, HC gets SLAMMED with people. I'd much rather stand in a line for a single, simple item where I can easily see how fast the line is moving than fight my way through the HC crowd.

You might be "dumb enough" to stand in line for your waffle, but I'd tell her to join you for waffles or fend for herself in HC. That or put up with the less than stellar room service breakfast options.

Maybe when I'm in line and I see 15 other older men, alone, at 6 am with me I'll snap a picture and use the Meme "Real men get real coffee for their wives" :D

I'm definitely going to let my husband know that he is a real man ;-) He is a trooper about getting coffee for me, and he therefore gets a complete pass on ever giving me flowers.

The dining room has full breakfast...does NOT take that long! You're served...and it's nice and hot. Never be afraid of the dining room! Shorts/tees/flip-flops are fine at breakfast!

You can get a good omelet in the DR at breakfast, as well as Eggs Benedict (though I think not every day--I forget.) I think the coffee is better in the morning, too, for some reason. :) Just avoid the hash browns which are those pre-formed fried things like at McDonalds. Oh, and there is always a pastry tray they offer. It's a nice, civilized way to start the day.