Grandeur of the Seas 5/12

I woke up super early (for me) and I'm too excited to get back to sleep. We should be leaving in our house in a couple of hours.

You will enjoy the Grandeur. We usually sail on her in March and then again in November. We always enjoy another perspective on the ship and crew. Enjoy your crew. Wondering if anyone could tell you if and when the menus are changing in the dining room.

I'll try to ask about that.

Looking forward to your review.

Might be a good idea to keep a journal for notes before your final write? :)

Thanks! I normally have a small journal with me to plan out the day and write out notes, but I may also type some on my phone or laptop.

Tomorrow, I'll be going on Grandeur of the Seas, and I figured now would be a good time to start posting here. I want to write a full review with pictures once I get back, but I wanted to make sure people are interested enough in that. I'm getting an internet package, so I'll be able to post a bit while on the cruise. If anybody has any questions about the ship while I'm on it, let me know and I'll try my best to answer them for you.

-Anna

Will be sailing on Grandeur August 4th, can't wait! Would love to see photos and hear your experience!....K.O.:)

We made it on the ship and into our room! We arrived around 11:15 and were on board a bit after noon. Most of the waiting was because of my mom who recently broke her foot. We had to wait for her to get frisked at security, then we waited a bit for a wheelchair. Everybody was entering through the first floor since the main gang plank isn't there.

We made it on the ship and into our room! We arrived around 11:15 and were on board a bit after noon. Most of the waiting was because of my mom who recently broke her foot. We had to wait for her to get frisked at security, then we waited a bit for a wheelchair. Everybody was entering through the first floor since the main gang plank isn't there.

Jealous! lol

Have a great time. :)

I am interested, too!!! We won't be going until 10/28/17.

I just booked 10/28/17 yesterday. :)

I've been on the Grandeur many times. Next one is 10/13/16. New England. First time for that itinerary.

Fair Seas and Following Winds! Bon Voyage!!!

I'll be on her on June 4th, so i'll be very interested in your review, thoughts and suggestions. We're only doing the 5 night :( , but at least we're at sea most of the time and on a ship!!! :)

We're anxious to hear about the kids club on grandeur as my 4&6 year old DGC will be with us. Also anxious to hear your opinions on the beds!

Thanks and enjoy your cruise!!!

We will be on for the June 18 cruise. Would love to hear who all is on the staff. Captain, HD, LA, future cruise person, Guest Relations, etc.

Have a great time!

Rick and Deirdra

I took a picture of the paper with a short bio of all those people on my camera, so I can upload it when I get around to it.

I am curious to know if anything has been done with the damaged gangway. Any sign of progress towards repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The piece that had fallen off wasn't anywhere that I could see it, but it didn't look like anything else had been done. I took pictures of it that I can upload later.

I am just off the Grandeur on May 7th. I will be following your review. Hope your cruise is as great as ours was!

Just a note about the internet: We bought the unlimited package and it was very slow! We were disappointed. For the price they charge it should be much faster. We could get on social media and check our email (after a wait for a connection) but my daughter could only post a few of the hundreds of pictures she took. They just would not load.

So I am hoping that you will have better connection than we had. Other than that everything was great.

I am just off the Grandeur on May 7th. I will be following your review. Hope your cruise is as great as ours was!

Just a note about the internet: We bought the unlimited package and it was very slow! We were disappointed. For the price they charge it should be much faster. We could get on social media and check our email (after a wait for a connection) but my daughter could only post a few of the hundreds of pictures she took. They just would not load.

So I am hoping that you will have better connection than we had. Other than that everything was great.

I just got back from the May 7 too. My tmobile connection was much faster. I switched back over to it while in Bermuda.

We got back on May 7th. You must have gotten on when we got back.

We did a 10 day Caribbean cruise.

My daughter did not use her smart phone to post pics. It would have cost her so we just waited to post the pics when we got back.

Tonight (day 2) is our first formal night. Last night's menu was the Mojo one. It was pretty chilly out during sail away yesterday, but I'm always cold. It's supposed to be a high of 73 today and partly cloudy.

I think somebody asked about the beds. I thought my bed was comfortable. It was pretty firm, but that's how I like it. The pillows were thin, so I slept on two of them. Our family friend slept in the upper berth and she said that bed was comfortable and that she slept well.

I'm in our oceanview room on deck 3 right now, and the Wi-Fi is really good with checking twitter and sending messages with pictures there. It's slightly slower on facebook, and it hasn't let me upload a picture on messages there. After refreshing it a few times, I can get my emails, but I haven't had that much luck with loading other websites on my phone. I'll try again when I'm in a public area.

Tonight (day 2) is our first formal night. Last night's menu was the Mojo one. It was pretty chilly out during sail away yesterday, but I'm always cold. It's supposed to be a high of 73 today and partly cloudy.

I think somebody asked about the beds. I thought my bed was comfortable. It was pretty firm, but that's how I like it. The pillows were thin, so I slept on two of them. Our family friend slept in the upper berth and she said that bed was comfortable and that she slept well.

I'm in our oceanview room on deck 3 right now, and the Wi-Fi is really good with checking twitter and sending messages with pictures there. It's slightly slower on facebook, and it hasn't let me upload a picture on messages there. After refreshing it a few times, I can get my emails, but I haven't had that much luck with loading other websites on my phone. I'll try again when I'm in a public area.

We were in 3624, our bed was fine. I was relieved on that. Let us know how formal night went. We had a normal menu for formal, the with shrimp ravioli. The lobster (fisherman's platter?) wasn't served until the 4th night.