Grandeur of the Seas 5/12

Hope the storm passes and you can tender over to Coco Cay.

I'm curious about the dress in the dining room. My DD was trying clothes on my DGC yesterday and realized that my 4 year old DGS has had a growth spurt and his long pants are now too short! Is he OK in the dining room in Bermuda length shorts or should we run out and buy him some long pants? I know the rule for adults is no shorts, but I do wonder if he would be OK. He does have a tuxedo for formal night that still fits!!

Thanks for any info you find!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!!!

Thanks! The storm's about over now. I feel like I have seen adult men wearing nice shorts in the dining room. I can pay closer attention tonight. I'm not certain, but I feel like they would be more lenient with what a child is wearing.

Thanks! The storm's about over now. I feel like I have seen adult men wearing nice shorts in the dining room. I can pay closer attention tonight. I'm not certain, but I feel like they would be more lenient with what a child is wearing.

Thanks! If you see the Maitre D' and it's not too much trouble, would you ask him/her for me?

Thank you so much!!!

I literally - as in hour ago -just booked the Grandeur for fall 2017. we are not real experienced cruisers but have done a few all on a different line. So I will be following along with your review and anxiously looking at any photos you may post! Have a wonderful cruise. :)

Thanks! If you see the Maitre D' and it's not too much trouble, would you ask him/her for me?

Thank you so much!!!

I can try. Last night I did see a woman wearing a nice short set and a man wearing jeans and a sports jersey.

I literally - as in hour ago -just booked the Grandeur for fall 2017. we are not real experienced cruisers but have done a few all on a different line. So I will be following along with your review and anxiously looking at any photos you may post! Have a wonderful cruise. :)

Thank you! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!

Does the ship look in good shape?

The ship seems to be in relatively good shape. Crew members applied new varnish to some of the outside railings I believe, and a couple of areas are under construction. There is a somewhat large area on the outside of the ship, on the port side, where the paint seems to have peeled away or something.

As you got off the ship, were you able to see any progress with the repairs of the gangway?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The gangway seemed to be in the same shape as it was last week. I didn't pay that close attention to it, but there didn't seem to be any repairs being made to it.

Ok, thank you. Hope you had great time. I'm sure in this weather you'd like to turn around and reboard. Most of the repairs are probably being made off sight. No action at the port till they're ready to reattach probably.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Was on this sailing. It was interesting to say the least. Got "caught" in the storm at Cococay. It was fun. Was sad when they closed the beaches AFTER the first storm because a second storm was coming in (it never did), but there wasn't any urgency to get passengers off the island. Was kind of hoping we would get stranded on the island.

This was our first cruise and we loved it. The staff and community aboard Grandeur were amazing. We had so much fun and enjoyed every minute of the cruise. We even had fun during " the storm" on cococay with the group of about 20 of us huddled under a pavilion beach side. I can not wait to cruise the Grandeur of the Seas again.

Marvin & Kim

Edited by Kdelong

Was on this sailing. It was interesting to say the least. Got "caught" in the storm at Cococay. It was fun. Was sad when they closed the beaches AFTER the first storm because a second storm was coming in (it never did), but there wasn't any urgency to get passengers off the island. Was kind of hoping we would get stranded on the island.

I was on the boat during that storm. The wind blew the ship 180 degrees, so that was interesting.

Edited by MyPortofBaltimore

We were about to get off the ship when the tenders were stopped, and we ended up not getting off the ship after that. It was interesting to watch the storm come in though.

This was our first cruise and we loved it. The staff and community aboard Grandeur were amazing. We had so much fun and enjoyed every minute of the cruise. We even had fun during " the storm" on cococay with the group of about 20 of us huddled under a pavilion beach side. I can not wait to cruise the Grandeur of the Seas again.

Marvin & Kim

I'm glad you had such a great time!

We were also on this cruise. LOVED IT. Again with the GOTS to me its about the crew and the attentiveness. We have been on much larger ships with much more to do but something about a crew that takes immense pride their ship and remembers your face/name that is hard to replicate. We have a young family and the size doesnt bother us. That said we booked the Serenade next spring out of FLL to get more of a southern Caribbean itinerary. We will still be sailing GOTS again in the future.

Marvin & Kim

We were about to board the tender when they shut everything down (from the ship). Went up to the windjammer and watched as we "spun" in the storm. Captain came on to say the needed to focus on keeping the ship stable. It was an interesting day....really cant complain though such is the risk with vacations. Cant control the weather!

I was on the boat during that storm. The wind blew the ship 180 degrees, so that was interesting.

When we re-boarded around 3:30, I got the impression that the ship got hit harder (or more than once) by the storms. We stood in the opening to the restrooms and watched. It was so impressive.

We just booked the 6/15/17 Grandeur cruise. We are taking our 10 and 12 year olds along this time. It was so much fun we had to do it again with the kids.

Edited by Kdelong