Grandeur of the Seas 5/12

Tonight (day 2) is our first formal night. Last night's menu was the Mojo one. It was pretty chilly out during sail away yesterday, but I'm always cold. It's supposed to be a high of 73 today and partly cloudy.

I think somebody asked about the beds. I thought my bed was comfortable. It was pretty firm, but that's how I like it. The pillows were thin, so I slept on two of them. Our family friend slept in the upper berth and she said that bed was comfortable and that she slept well.

I'm in our oceanview room on deck 3 right now, and the Wi-Fi is really good with checking twitter and sending messages with pictures there. It's slightly slower on facebook, and it hasn't let me upload a picture on messages there. After refreshing it a few times, I can get my emails, but I haven't had that much luck with loading other websites on my phone. I'll try again when I'm in a public area.

Music to my ears about the wifi and the beds

The weather today has gotten better. It's now sunny out. I still have to try the Wi-Fi out on my laptop, so I may grab my laptop from the room and do that before dinner.

I'm glad your weather is improving. It has here too (Md), ... for the moment anyway. ;)

The sun is actually making an appearance. :) YAY!!!

I'm glad your weather is improving. It has here too (Md), ... for the moment anyway. ;)

The sun is actually making an appearance. :) YAY!!!

Thanks! The sun came out for a few hours but now it's overcast.

Looking forward to your photos and reviews. And would like to hear about bingo if you go (good luck!)

Thanks! We probably won't make it out to bingo, but they have made a couple of announcements about it already I believe.

In Bermuda today it was pretty windy near the ship. It only drizzled a bit, with no real storms. We shopped around the dockyard area for a couple of hours before getting back on board. Around 7:30, an announcement was made for a code Alpha, which is a medical emergency. I wanted to get off the ship once it was dark out to take pictures of it lit up at night, and we got off a bit after 9. We saw an ambulance pull up to the ship and a stretcher was wheeled on. My mom asked a security guard, who said a person had gotten sick, but that they'd be fine I think. My mom and our family friend are getting up early to go to Horseshoe Bay tomorrow, and I'm going to sleep in, probably past breakfast. Maybe tomorrow I'll try to post some pictures that are on my phone.

How was formal night last night? Lots of dressing up for pictures with the Captain? Everyone looking fine in the MDR? Any action at the Captain's table?

Hope you are enjoying Grandeur!

R&D

In order for my mom and family friend to finish eating to catch the first show, we only caught the first few minutes of the the Captain's reception. Most people were relatively dresses up, with some more casual or formal than others. Our table is sort of in a back corner, so we haven't seen the Captain's table.

Hi Anna. Hope you are having fun. Can you please tell us what activities there are at night outside of the shows. Is there music besides the piano? Are there venues for dancing? If so what type of music? Do things shut down at midnight or are there some venues with music and activities? (We were on a prior cruise where after midnight was like a ghost ship. I'm worried this may be the same.). We are on the New England/Canada Grandeur voyage. Appreciate all your input. Thanks for answering all our questions.

Hi Anna. Hope you are having fun. Can you please tell us what activities there are at night outside of the shows. Is there music besides the piano? Are there venues for dancing? If so what type of music? Do things shut down at midnight or are there some venues with music and activities? (We were on a prior cruise where after midnight was like a ghost ship. I'm worried this may be the same.). We are on the New England/Canada Grandeur voyage. Appreciate all your input. Thanks for answering all our questions.

I know there's been karaoke some nights, and live music in the centrum, with people dancing a bit there. Last night there was a 50s and 60s dance party. I need a lot of sleep, so we've been going to bed relatively early. I can post pictures of the cruise compass when I get around to it.

I am currently sitting on deck 5 using the Wi-Fi on my laptop. So far, the speeds have been relatively good from everywhere I've tried to use my phone on the ship, except for the public restrooms. Right now, the speed is definitely slower on my laptop, but my laptop always tends to have issues on networks that my phone is fine with. If the Wi-Fi ever finishes syncing my dropbox photo uploads with my laptop, I'll try to upload some pictures.

The weather has finally gotten warm. It was a bit too chilly for me the past few days, but I'm always cold. I am finally sitting out without a hoodie on, so that is a vast improvement. We are expected to arrive at 12:15 in Nassau tomorrow. Our plans for the day are to go to the straw market and some bar near enough to the port.

I am currently sitting on deck 5 using the Wi-Fi on my laptop. So far, the speeds have been relatively good from everywhere I've tried to use my phone on the ship, except for the public restrooms. Right now, the speed is definitely slower on my laptop, but my laptop always tends to have issues on networks that my phone is fine with. If the Wi-Fi ever finishes syncing my dropbox photo uploads with my laptop, I'll try to upload some pictures.

The weather has finally gotten warm. It was a bit too chilly for me the past few days, but I'm always cold. I am finally sitting out without a hoodie on, so that is a vast improvement. We are expected to arrive at 12:15 in Nassau tomorrow. Our plans for the day are to go to the straw market and some bar near enough to the port.

I had my hoody too. I found up on Lido in the corner windows by the windjammer shielded the wind really good.

I had my hoody too. I found up on Lido in the corner windows by the windjammer shielded the wind really good.

I'll have to try that spot out. I've been spending a lot of time in the solarium since it's enclosed

I know there's been karaoke some nights, and live music in the centrum, with people dancing a bit there. Last night there was a 50s and 60s dance party. I need a lot of sleep, so we've been going to bed relatively early. I can post pictures of the cruise compass when I get around to it.

Thank you. This was helpful. Have a fun trip.

We're tendering to Coco Cay today. We were eating breakfast when we saw a storm approaching. By the time we finished, it started raining and now it's windy and foggy, with some lightening and thunder. The Captain announced that the tenders are stopped until the storm passes. We're not sure when that will be, but I'm thankful we're on the ship instead of on the island right now.

Hope the storm passes and you can tender over to Coco Cay.

I'm curious about the dress in the dining room. My DD was trying clothes on my DGC yesterday and realized that my 4 year old DGS has had a growth spurt and his long pants are now too short! Is he OK in the dining room in Bermuda length shorts or should we run out and buy him some long pants? I know the rule for adults is no shorts, but I do wonder if he would be OK. He does have a tuxedo for formal night that still fits!!

Thanks for any info you find!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!!!