American Table question

MikeNKim

I know this is old news for many of you but this is the first I have heard of it and apparently it is on Glory that I am going on in Oct.

Anyways the question. I have been able to find a sample menu and it does look pretty basic but my question is will it be the same menu every night except Elegant night?

Thank you

Kim

I know this is old news for many of you but this is the first I have heard of it and apparently it is on Glory that I am going on in Oct.

Anyways the question. I have been able to find a sample menu and it does look pretty basic but my question is will it be the same menu every night except Elegant night?

Thank you

Kim

Menus change nightly :)

Just to rest your mind...we had the American Table onboard the Dream and we personally liked it. On every night I found at least three items I could order. Some people on this board will disagree and that is to be expected as everyone's tastebuds are different. As Ryano stated the menus change every night.

I haven't eaten there in years, but from the menu I just saw online they don't look anything alike.

Do you mean Cracker Barrel has gone up scale? I thought they were very similar. Nothing like a large side of Mac 'n Cheese to go with fine dining.

Do you mean Cracker Barrel has gone up scale? I thought they were very similar. Nothing like a large side of Mac 'n Cheese to go with fine dining.

IDK. Like I said I haven't eaten there in years. But fine dining establishments do have Mac and Cheese as an option. Example: Wolfgang Puck's Steakhouse "Cut".

I don't think anyone here really considers Carnival's MDR "Fine Dining", but whatever.

Now we are getting somewhere.

Actually I don't think of any of the mass market cruise lines as having "Fine Dining" in their MDRs except maybe Celebrity and the more upscale ones.

I think if anyone expects that, they need to go to a higher caliber cruise line or eat in one of the paid options. There's nothing wrong with Carnival's MDR for what it is. People wanted casual and they got it.

What I cannot understand is why is there a MDR in the first place. It's too big, there are too many other options-free or not, and the service has been cannibalized by the many other venues. The MDR could be half its size and still work. imo

I think that you guys comparing the menu to Applebees or any other USA chain is really silly!

They are trying to please many people with different tastes . We enjoy the dining experience in the MDR and are happy to say we've also enjoyed other cruise lines and higher priced land restaurants.There is no way to compare preparing a find meal for a few customers to trying to prepare a banquet style meal with a much larger than banquet style menu for sooo many people.

IF you don't like it then why post on this board and why sail on Carnival at all??

I don't understand all these complaints.

What I cannot understand is why is there a MDR in the first place. It's too big, there are too many other options-free or not, and the service has been cannibalized by the many other venues. The MDR could be half its size and still work. imo

I have to disagree. I really enjoy having a sit down dinner and being served. One can only eat pizza, burgers, and tacos so many times in a week. Sure, it's not the fanciest, but it is good and we like it.

I wonder how Cracker Barrel feels about having their menu stolen by Carnival?

I don't see any meatloaf, hamburger steak, chicken fried chicken, pot roast, pinto beans and corn bread, fried okra".........I could go on. Those menus don't resemble CB menus in any way shape or form.

I love their mac n cheese. It's some of the best we've had. It's definitely not Kraft mac n cheese from the box.....which is how most chain restaurants make theirs (O'Charlies, etc) I'm looking forward to trying this new menu in October. I see many options that my teenagers will like and tons of stuff they will try for the first time. Can't wait. Man, now I'm thinking of that creamy mac n cheese.

I have to disagree. I really enjoy having a sit down dinner and being served. One can only eat pizza, burgers, and tacos so many times in a week. Sure, it's not the fanciest, but it is good and we like it.

We agree. The only time we eat in the Lido is a salad at lunch maybe topped with a fish fillet. We look at our late fixed dining time as part of our evening activities - not as something to be suffered. On all of our cruises I've never had a night that there was nothing on the menu I wanted for dinner (especially since I didn't have to cook it or clear the table) :D

I think that you guys comparing the menu to Applebees or any other USA chain is really silly!

They are trying to please many people with different tastes . We enjoy the dining experience in the MDR and are happy to say we've also enjoyed other cruise lines and higher priced land restaurants.There is no way to compare preparing a find meal for a few customers to trying to prepare a banquet style meal with a much larger than banquet style menu for sooo many people.

IF you don't like it then why post on this board and why sail on Carnival at all??

I don't understand all these complaints.

Here-here!!!