A question about Summit's Captain Kate?

Lazz

I believe we met Captain Kate when she was Staff Captain. My wife and I are trying to remember if it was the RCCL Serenade or Jewel and that her husband was Chief Engineer. If true, does anyone Know which ship? Is her husband with her on the Summit? Thanks

Captain Kate has been on the following RCCL Ships: Nordic Empress, Brilliance of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas, Independence of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, Rhapsody of the Seas and Jewel of the Seas.

Her husband is not working for Celebrity, so if he is onboard it is as a civilian on vacation.

• 8 months later...

Does anyone know where i find out who the captain will be on my upcoming cruise on the Summit February 27th... I was hoping it is Captain Kate but would like to see if there's a schedule or place to find this out. Thanks in advance.

Maryjo

Does anyone know where i find out who the captain will be on my upcoming cruise on the Summit February 27th... I was hoping it is Captain Kate but would like to see if there's a schedule or place to find this out. Thanks in advance.

Maryjo

My DW and I were on Summit 2 to 10th Dec 16. Captain Kate and her husband (who is a chief engineer with RCCL as mentioned above) left the Summit together on 10 Dec for vacation. We caught the same flight as they did from San Juan to Miami. I asked Captain Kate when she would be back on Summit and she said 'after 3 months leave". I don't know how precise she was in her comment but I interpreted it to be a mid March return.

My DW and I were on Summit 2 to 10th Dec 16. Captain Kate and her husband (who is a chief engineer with RCCL as mentioned above) left the Summit together on 10 Dec for vacation. We caught the same flight as they did from San Juan to Miami. I asked Captain Kate when she would be back on Summit and she said 'after 3 months leave". I don't know how precise she was in her comment but I interpreted it to be a mid March return.

Sounds like you're right. When speaking with Captain Leo on Eclipse last month he said they work 3 months on, three off.