Soda Machine - Is there a pay-per-drink option?

Or do you have to purchase a soda package?

We will be sailing on the Anthem next month and my daughter loves mixing flavors in her soda, but I do not want to purchase a soda package. We are not big soda drinkers, and may only have 2-3 on the cruise.

We will be sailing on the Anthem next month and my daughter loves mixing flavors in her soda, but I do not want to purchase a soda package. We are not big soda drinkers, and may only have 2-3 on the cruise.

No pay per drink option with the Freestyle machines.

You may buy cans of soda whenever you want...in any eating venue! You don't HAVE to have a "package" to get a soda! But...they are in cans...not the fountain!

1 can will yield 2 glasses over ice!

Edited by cb at sea

As noted, if you are driving from Virginia to New Jersey, just throw a 12-pack of cans into the trunk. You should have no problem carrying that on. Just hoise it up on one shoulder.

:)

Thanks everyone! My daughter just loves the soda machines where you add flavors, so I was hoping.

Yep, we will be bringing a 12 pack on the ship with us. (And stop at Wendy's on the drive up to get a flavored soda).

Thanks everyone! My daughter just loves the soda machines where you add flavors, so I was hoping.

I ask this question just out of curiosity with no intent to parent someone else's child.

In the OP you said you only drink two or three Cokes a week but your daughter loves to mix flavours. Was the "two or three" for you or for all of you? I ask because most kids I know would have 2 or 3 a day if they could.

With soft drinks going for $3 each the basic Royal Refreshment package might pay for itself. Depends on the age of the child and so on.

Just curious.

Enjoy your cruise!

I ask this question just out of curiosity with no intent to parent someone else's child.

In the OP you said you only drink two or three Cokes a week but your daughter loves to mix flavours. Was the "two or three" for you or for all of you? I ask because most kids I know would have 2 or 3 a day if they could.

With soft drinks going for $3 each the basic Royal Refreshment package might pay for itself. Depends on the age of the child and so on.

Just curious.

Enjoy your cruise!

Typically on a cruise, we allow our early teens to purchase 2-3 sodas the entire week. I have always limited soda consumption for my family for healthy reasons. So, sodas are a special treat for my kids. Honestly, I cringe at the thought of my kids with a free pass to as many sodas a day as they can drink. We all had the unlimited beverage package (free) on our Norwegian Getaway cruise, but the kids did not drink more than 1-2 sodas day. On the Getaway, they did not have the convenience of going to a machine and filling up and trying all the different flavors. I know my daughter, and she would be hitting the soda machine 4-5 times a day getting every flavored sprite she could make. So, I think will pass on purchasing the soda packages.