Stockholders credit

Broch

If you are a stock holder of 100 or more RCCL shares, each cruise you take you get on board credit.3-5 days $50us, 6-8 days $100, 9-13 days $200, and 14 days or more $250. We are Canadian and we get the credit, so I am sure you can buy stocks on the NY Stock exchange as we can. The price of the stocks is quite low this past couple of months, its less than $39 today. You get this on board credit no matter how many time you cruise so its quite good now that we are cruising two or three times a year. The stock also pays a dividend as well.

Hope this helps you

Brian J

PS: you can link to more information on RCCL's sight on the bottom to the web sight page.

Broch, I have no idea what the rules/laws are about the purchase of American stocks, but I would imagine that there are no restrictions there.

Here's how it works: If you own at least 100 shares of RCI stock, you can qualify for an onboard credit EVERY TIME YOU CRUISE. There is always an expiration date for this benefit, but so far they have renewed it every single year.

You send them proof of your stock ownership and they give you an onboard credit, money to spend while on your cruise. $50 for five nights or less, $100 for 6-8 night cruises, and $200 for 9-13 night cruises, and $250 for cruises of 14 nights or longer.

Here's the link to the .pdf form that you must submit.

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/nys/rcl/reports/Shareholder_Benefit2.pdf

Carol

Could someone tell me what stockholders credit is and how you can achieve it. Can you get it outside of the States.

All you need to do is buy 100 shares or more of RCL common stock. Once booked you will need to provide proof that you indeed have those shares and Depending on the length of the cruise you will get an on board credit. The longer the cruise the larger the credit. I believe $100 is the max per cabin.

I would check with RCL on being from another country other then the USA to make sure the same holds true. It should a stock holder is a stock holder no matter what country you are from!

Hi, I have a question for those who have gotten the credit. I bought the stock, booked a cruise, and faxed in the paperwork about 2 weeks ago. Will I hear anything from RCCL ahead of time about the onboard credit or will I just confirm it on the ship?

TIA,

Kathy

I would suggest to check with RCCL / investor site if you buy the stock now,

you can get credit, because a few months ago they stated that stock must be bought before April 15, 2005. I am glad I bought them , even they are below what I paid for them, but I already got $200.00 on my last cruise, will get $250 on my next cruise and 2 cruises I booked for next year. And I booked them on board, which added some more $$. Cruising is great.

Yes, thanks, the date is confusing as I downloaded the pdf form off two sites and one was for March 31st 2004 and the other was may 2005 and as these dates are both passed it does sem likely that it is now May 2006. Rccl does seem to be on the London Stock Exchange

Hi, I have a question for those who have gotten the credit. I bought the stock, booked a cruise, and faxed in the paperwork about 2 weeks ago. Will I hear anything from RCCL ahead of time about the onboard credit or will I just confirm it on the ship?

TIA,

Kathy

We used it on the last cruise - did what you have done, and did not see our shipboard credit until day 5. I would highly recommend you bring the paperwork and a copy of the fax you sent them. If you don't see the shipboard credit by AM day 3 - get to the desk with your copies.

It is a good deal though. They don't have any requiement of how "long" you must own the shares. Just show evidence that you owe it.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Just got off Explorer of the Seas and was delighted to see our shipboard credit for owning RCCL stock. When I just downloaded the form for our next two cruises, it says that reservations must be booked no later than May 1, 2005. Both of ours were done later than that. Anyone know anything about it?

so I would email stockholderbenefits&rccl.com and inquire

TIA,

Kathy

to stockholderbenefits@rccl.com and inquire. I have a folder with every email regarding onboard credits we are getting & when they don't show I have the ammunition!

TIA,

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

Under the Investor's Relations for RCCL, the terms are stated as follows

Reservations must be booked by May 1, 2006.

This benefit is offered exclusively to shareholders that directly own a minimum of 100 shares of Royal Carribean Ltd. as of April 15, 2005.

So, this in a sense is saying that anyone who has recently purchased it is not eligable. If anyone has any experience with purchasing after this date and was able to obtain the discount please advise.

Only the shareholder receives the onboard credit. It is not a cabin credit, it is a personal credit. I don't know what would happen if each person in your party was a 100 share holder. I don't imagine that comes up too often.

Regarding the dates. From what others have shared, the April 15, 2005 date is not important for receiving the credit. It has been awarded to recent purchasers as well as past purchasers.

The May 1, 2006 date is important because (as I understand it, our sailing is not until Oct) For cruises after May 1, 2006 the booard of directors must decide whether they wish to continue this shareholder benefit. As of now, I believe that is the cutoff date for receiving the benefit. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am mistaken about the date. :)

I went back and re-read everything. One credit per shareholder, one credit per stateroom based on double occupancy.

"Credit is applied on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy.

Single guests paying 200% of applicable fare shall receive full value of certificate. Only one shareholder credit per stateroom. Only one credit per shareholder on any one sailing. Other terms and conditions may apply."

Regarding the date:

"Benefit was originally offered 3/28/04 and valid for reservations booked by March 31, 2004. The offer has been extended for reservations booked through May 1, 2005."

I don't know exactly what that part means. If your cruise is booked by May 1, 2005. It sounds like it will be accepted through the current schedule then. :)

Archived