Stockholders credit

Broch

I sent mine in via email and specifically requested a confirmation via email. It went Tuesday afternoon and I received a confirmation today (4 business days later). I've already printed that puppy out to take along, just in case! :D

Good idea. I just wrote let me know if there is a problem :rolleyes:

OT: So fun to see someone from Round Rock :D We lived there before moving to CoSprings and I still work for a Coldwell Banker Agent there. Would go back there in a heart beat if it was up to me. Hubby built the new UT Track & Field while we were there. Anyway thanks for the info, I could go on and on about Round Rock.

BonVoyage

Dawna

OT: So fun to see someone from Round Rock :D We lived there before moving to CoSprings and I still work for a Coldwell Banker Agent there.

COS is really nice too (in the summer!) We're getting our very own "Premium" outlet mall just north of 1431. People just keep movin' on in here... :eek:

"Credit is applied on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy.

Single guests paying 200% of applicable fare shall receive full value of certificate. Only one shareholder credit per stateroom. Only one credit per shareholder on any one sailing. Other terms and conditions may apply."

Hmmm... I didn't know that. I've always gotten 100% and never paid a 200% supplement. Maybe they don't really bother due to the small number of people and the fact that it's really 'funny money'. I did try to get credit on 2 cabins on Carnival since I was paying for both, but I'm not surprised they denied it since they have no way to confirm that to be actually true.

Hi-

We are cruising next March (2007) is it too early to send in for the shareholder credit?

I believe it is. On Princess at least, I tried to do one about 11 months in advance and they said "wait until after final payment". Don't know if that is a real boundary or just a guideline, but it would make sense for all parties to wait until that point to avoid wasting the work if the cruise is cancelled.

FWIW, I submitted mine on Princess right after final payment and it did show on the pre-printed docs received about a month later. My upcoming credit on RCCL does not show on the e-docs, but I don't know if that is a timing thing since this was all done closely together, or if it would not show up under any circumstance.

Wouldn't hurt to try sending it in now, I suppose. Let us know. :D

I have a question about e-mailing your information for credit. The form to be completed is in Adobe and our online brokerage statement is in Adobe. Are you completing the information on the form and then e-mailing with 2 attachments?:)

Or are you printing, completing the form and then scanning and e-mailing?

I didn't use the form (didn't actually realize there was one). I just put my cruise info into the body of the email. For my brokerage statement, I take a screen shot (actually 2 to get all the info) then reassembly them in Photoshop where I also blank out all non-relevant info. Save as a jpeg, and use that as an attachment. I guess if I had used the form I would have used Photoshop to fill it in and save as a jpg also. Though, if I had 2 printouts I probably would just go the fax route.

The big benefit of email is that they can reply directly without potentially having a typo or problems reading it off the fax. It'd be nice if they could move into the 2000s and have a submission form off the website (including an upload of the statement) which would automatically update/email when the credit was applied. Aside from saving them requests for status, I'd be much happier with an encrypted submission format as opposed to plain-text email, fax or snail mail. The copy of my statement they get is 90% blanked out, but this lack of basic security is still very uncool.

Thanks Mike! That's sounds really complicated, but it would work. Since I don't think you can really type on Adobe forms with just Reader, the only way would be to put them in Photoshop. It might be easier to print (black out some info) and fax them in. Or we will try your idea on the next rainy weekend. Thanks:)

Any other e-mailing ideas? :-)

Patti, my brokerage statement is also online, so I just cut-n-paste the part of my statement that is relevant to proving my ownership of the shares. I put that directly into the body of my email, with the "official" form. I received e-mail confirmation of my onboard credit within 48 hours.

Thanks Carol! That should work, too and both ideas are very helpful! I understand most everything about the credit, but when it came to e-mailing the required information, I was stymied. For $200 onboard credit for DH (the shareholder), it is something that I want to do correctly. Yippee! I will have my own $200 credit from the onboard booking. :D

Thanks so much for the great and useful suggestions. :)

Looks like cruise line stock is headed lower.May catch a deal.

LONDON (MarketWatch) -- Credit Suisse cut cruise companies Royal Caribbean Cruises (RCL : Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

to neutral from outperform, citing weaker-than-expected season bookings and materially higher promotional activity

Down about $1.10 since Thursday close !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know if the shareholder credit can be combined with other credits, specifically the on-board booking credit? So, if there was a $100 shareholder credit and a $100 on-board booking credit, you would get both credits on the stateroom bill for a total of $200, or would you only be eligible for one or the other? I'm just wary of that frequently seen phrase on coupons or promotions, "may not be combined with other offers".

It seems to depend on factors unknowable by we mere humans. :eek: If you search back a year or so you'll see that the general consensus and "official" word seems to change over time. I think you can combine an onboard booking credit with the shareholders' credit, but can't combine TA OBC with the shareholders. At least, on a Princess cruise 14 months ago I could not combine them, which may or may not be relevent to RCL or CCL or even to Princess today. Either way, you should apply and let them deny it if that is the case.

It's seems silly that there is any question at all. I could see them limiting total credits to a percentage of the fare (and banking the rest or giving a future fare discount.) The idea of giving a credit and then taking it away is just poor public relations with the people you least want to tick off (returning cruisers and shareholders)! :D

For a 7 day cruise, I have successfully combined the Platinum Balcony Discount ($100), the book on board credit ($100) and the Stockholder on board credit ($100). If the planets were alligned right you also might sneak in a C&A coupon.

Lou

Yes, on RCCL you can use all of those things together: stockholder onboard credit, balcony C&A discount, onboard booking credit, and C&A coupon. The only thing that you can't use more than one of is the coupon. I.E., if you have a C&A coupon, you can't use a "friends" coupon, or vice versa.

Archived