NCL Epic - Slide questions

abbyar

I've googled & searched and cannot find descriptions of the Epic slides. Can someone please help me understand how these work? We have only sailed the Jewel class ships so aren't as familiar with the huge slides.

- Is there a height requirement?

- Is it scary for little ones?

- How do the tubes work? Why is it a big deal they can go down with/without tubes? If it is scary, can the tubes hold more than one person (like adult + kid)?

- Are they open on departure day? I love the idea of boarding early and getting a few rides in before the lines get long.

- Any advice?

I've googled & searched and cannot find descriptions of the Epic slides. Can someone please help me understand how these work? We have only sailed the Jewel class ships so aren't as familiar with the huge slides.

- How do the tubes work? Why is it a big deal they can go down with/without tubes? If it is scary, can the tubes hold more than one person (like adult + kid)?

- Are they open on departure day? I love the idea of boarding early and getting a few rides in before the lines get long.

- Any advice?

interested finding out too. I will be on the Epic in October

- Any advice?

From what I recall, there were 2 styles of slides. One was the fully enclosed slide, which younger passengers may find a little scary. However, it's really not that bad. The other is open on top, uses a tube (I believe only one at a time) and swings you around some fun turns, empties you into a open funnel and finally ends with a harmless slide to the end of the ride.

In July of last year, we waited nearly 20 minutes in line between rides.

We were on it last February and after the first couple days there was hardly ever a line. The big, enclosed slide moves FAST! It was fun and I don't think you need to be worried about the kids being scared!

The one you ride in the tubs is so much fun and at the end it dumps you into the "toilet bowl" where you swirl around the outside until you finally go down the drain.

I'm not the "fun loving, water sports" kind of guy and I even enjoyed them:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

the bowl slide is so awesome!!!! not scary at all. not sure how strict they are, but these slides are not as crazy as the FreeFall slides on the Breakaway/Getaway where they are very strict. you can get stuck in those if you arent big enough.

My kids loved the slides. They had 2 different color tubes. Orange and blue. My son used one color and my daughter was told to use the other..not sure if it was height? We never asked. It was open the day we boarded the ship, and it was EMPTY.. the kids just kept going on.