Love cruising; love Europe; would we like Europe cruise?

odiesam

Thanks for all of the replies. Not sure what we will do. I think I would prefer to try a Med cruise while dh wants to stick with the land vacation.

If you have only 10 days total (including travel), maybe you would be better off at one or two destinations. Save the Med cruise for when you have more time and can spend extra days at the beginning and/or the end.

Thanks for all of the replies. Not sure what we will do. I think I would prefer to try a Med cruise while dh wants to stick with the land vacation.

That was exactly what my DH said until we did both together! Good luck...sometimes some men think a cruise is not a real vacation. My DH was one of those...

If logic can't fix it go with your heart...sincere best wishes for a great vacation be it land or sea!

I would most definitely go for it!

We did an Adriatic cruise (loved that) in 2013 and we're doing the Med in October. With Celebrity you generally have enough port time to see key sites or just to sit and take in the local culture for the day. We spend a few days in/around the port where we embark and also where we disembark. This year we'll be in Cinque Terre 4 nights and then Rome 3 nights after our cruise. Cruising gives us the opportunity to see places and decided those we want to return to. And the time that we don't spend packing/unpacking and schlepping luggage from one place to the next is sooooo appreciated.

~~Judy

I have sailed many times in Europe. Also, taken many land tours. I also enjoy being on my own. It depends what you want to do. Cruising lets you sample lots of ports. It's an easy way to travel. Land tours go into more depth. On your own allows you freedom to decide what to see and how long to stay. They all have good features. Decide where you want to go. Look at possible cruises including riverboats. Select activities that interest you. Everyone is different. For me, sometimes a cruise with a pre or post hotel stay is ideal.

Our favorite Med cruise was on Celebrity roundtrip from Rome. Several of the ports were Greek islands, which were perfect for one day stops. There is nothing like a beach day on a Greek island eating a Greek salad. Greeks certainly know how to do beach food!

If you have only 10 days total (including travel)' date=' maybe you would be better off at one or two destinations. Save the Med cruise for when you have more time and can spend extra days at the beginning and/or the end.[/quote']

If I had to wait to spend more than 10 days I would still would be waiting to visit Europe. Tomorrow may never come. So live for the now, not when you may have more than 10 days. It's very doable and easy on your work vacation time to leave at the end of a week...Thursday night or Friday, spend a day or two prior, cruise a 7 day itinerary, then return home. 5-6 days off of work total. Pick a cruise around a holiday like Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, and you pick up another day - you don't have to use a vacation day. We've done it several times and with no regrets. Go. Enjoy. Don't wait.

Edited by mickeysgal

Highly recommend a med cruise. We did the 11 night on Reflection in 2014. Would love to do it again!

Same here.

However i am not sure us brits will be allowed on the europe cruises once we vote to leave next month[emoji33]

We really like the fantastic weather , food scenery and history. Europe has the best food , wines and football teams. Also very good public transport to get around on your own.

Trouble is they all speak in a funny way. ( i have enough trouble understanding people from the far side of the Atlantic)

We put a lot of dosh into Europe and in return what happens ? they monopolise the nice weather - leaving us with all the rain [emoji35]

This in itself isnt enough to swing my vote for Brexit - but these crazy people drive on the wrong side - so OUT it is [emoji41]

Long live queen victoria [emoji12]