Luggage Didn't Make It

ano

Once read a wonderful article/review here about a 6 star cruise on a long journey and the lady had to use her whole foreign country arrival day to buy a new wardrobe and use ship laundry...can't remember when/if their luggage arrived. My sisters had the time of their lives getting new swimsuits and shorts on missed luggage and also got bumped up to first class over it all in the day...over a college Hawaii trip they shall never forget!!

This is another reason my DH insists on us having carry on luggage only. I have learned to pack with two carry-ons for up to 10 day cruises.....even for a 10 day land trip to Ireland! It's not because he doesn't want to pay to check our luggage, it's because the airlines lost our luggage 3x in a short period years ago....so no more checking luggage!

Oh my....that would do it. Have some very well traveled distant relatives that always carry and I am sure they travel mostly luxury level..it just does not matter...it is rough out there.

I wonder if the extra first class cabins do any better with your suitcase..at $15,000.00 and up for a seat.

I wouldn't be able to replace my clothes. Not only am a I plus sized person but also a little person. I can't find things here in my own home town never mind in a strange town, country. And there isn't anything on the ships that would fit.

tigercat

This thread makes me remember a non-cruise catastrophe ... Hubby and I had gone to Busch Gardens....he decided to hop over a barrier instead of going thru the "windy" line (no one was in the line!)...and he ripped his shorts from stem to stern! So, he sat on a bench while I went in search of shorts.....I go thru many "lands" to all of the stores....and FINALLY find something in his size! I take them to him, he hits the men's room and changes, and off we go....

About an hour later, he asks why there is no zipper in those shorts....I had bought him BOXER SHORTS...which he was wearing in public! Lordy...we nearly busted a gut laughing! We still laugh about it!

This thread makes me remember a non-cruise catastrophe ... Hubby and I had gone to Busch Gardens....he decided to hop over a barrier instead of going thru the "windy" line (no one was in the line!)...and he ripped his shorts from stem to stern! So, he sat on a bench while I went in search of shorts.....I go thru many "lands" to all of the stores....and FINALLY find something in his size! I take them to him, he hits the men's room and changes, and off we go....

About an hour later, he asks why there is no zipper in those shorts....I had bought him BOXER SHORTS...which he was wearing in public! Lordy...we nearly busted a gut laughing! We still laugh about it!

That is hilarious! Just out of curiosity, was there a flap where the zipper should have been?! [emoji15][emoji23]

LOL...perfect tale..and now they probably do it on purpose so crazy out there!!!