PNG - 19th May - Dawn Princess

Hope you enjoy the cruise and I hope THIS cruise will have some relevant lectures Our 20th April had lectures on (wait for it) bread milk and beer from an awful speaker) And this was at the anniversary cruise for the4 Coral sea Battle. Such a waste

Dan Princess required repairs to seals on the shafts. It had divers inspecting the shaft at Noumea and left there about 30 minutes early. Made a good speed to Sydney and arrived at OPT just before midnight on 18/5. Passengers were not allowd to disembark before about 0730 on Thursday 19/5. It needed all day on 19/5 to complete the underwater repairs.

Hope you enjoy the cruise and I hope THIS cruise will have some relevant lectures Our 20th April had lectures on (wait for it) bread milk and beer from an awful speaker) And this was at the anniversary cruise for the4 Coral sea Battle. Such a waste

Who ever was responsible for organising the speaker (? in Miami or Australia) should be ashamed that they didn't honour all those who died in the Coral Sea Battle, by providing an informed guest speaker on the subject.

Did you provide a negative comment on your feedback, Yvonne?

Like you, I hope this cruise will have relevant guest speakers, to enhance the cruise.

Edited by MMDown Under

I think we were very fortunate back in Sep 2014 for our 21 day PNG trip (incl the Solomon's, Vanuatu etc) in having Peter Plowman as guest lecturer.

A prolific maritime author and researcher, his lecturers were captivating (I thought) - in particular how he pieced together the various major battles (Coral Sea, Midway etc). The Princess Theatre had a good crowd when he was presenting compared to other guest lecturers I have endured.

What was also touching was the fact that the ship held a remembrance service near where the Canberra was sunk in Iron Bottom Sound.

I think we were very fortunate back in Sep 2014 for our 21 day PNG trip (incl the Solomon's, Vanuatu etc) in having Peter Plowman as guest lecturer.

A prolific maritime author and researcher, his lecturers were captivating (I thought) - in particular how he pieced together the various major battles (Coral Sea, Midway etc). The Princess Theatre had a good crowd when he was presenting compared to other guest lecturers I have endured.

What was also touching was the fact that the ship held a remembrance service near where the Canberra was sunk in Iron Bottom Sound.

That would have been very interesting.:D