Salty Dog restaurant on Princess Ships

Kopy

Does anyone know if the Island Princess has the new salty dog restaurant in the Wheelhouse. We were on the Ruby and did not like the new set up. We prefer the old Wheelhouse where we can sit comfortably and dance, therefore we are trying to avoid ships with the new salty dog. Any information on which ships this new restaurant will be put on and a when this will happen would be greatly appreciated Thank you

Does anyone know if the Island Princess has the new salty dog restaurant in the Wheelhouse. We were on the Ruby and did not like the new set up. We prefer the old Wheelhouse where we can sit comfortably and dance, therefore we are trying to avoid ships with the new salty dog. Any information on which ships this new restaurant will be put on and a when this will happen would be greatly appreciated Thank you

It is NOT on Island, as yet.

From the website: "The Salty Dog Gastropub is now available on Crown Princess, Emerald Princess and Ruby Princess.

*The Whiskey Bar Menu is now available on Crown Princess, Dawn Princess, Diamond Princess, Emerald Princess, Golden Princess, Ruby Princess, and Sea Princess. Coming soon to Caribbean Princess, Coral Princess, Grand Princess, Island Princess, Regal Princess, Royal Princess, Star Princess and Sun Princess.

Pricing and availability of Salty Dog Gastropub and Whiskey menu items vary by ship and are subject to change."

So, looks like currently, no plans to add Salty Dog either.

I was on the Emerald early March and did not like the Wheelhouse setup either. IMO, the Salty Dog took the ambiance away from the original Wheelhouse Bar.

I was on the Emerald early March and did not like the Wheelhouse setup either. IMO, the Salty Dog took the ambiance away from the original Wheelhouse Bar.

I think that putting the mostly tall white tables & bar stools of the Salty Dog in the middle of the Wheelhouse Bar is terrible. Taking the classical nautically themed Wheelhouse Bar & placing a gastropub in the middle creates 2 separate sections of Wheelhouse is completely out of place. :(

I understand it's all about increasing income but it could have been done without butchering the Wheelhouse Bar. :rolleyes:

Edited by Astro Flyer

I agree. The decor of the Salty Dog doesn't fit with the Wheelhouse.

Honestly, I don't like the Wheelhouse bars that look like someone built a second Crown Grill... So having the salty dog doesn't hurt imho. I much prefer the more intimate Wheelhouse found in the Golden, where it's next to Sabatini and the photo sales hallway.