Spirit Cabin & Deck Selection

FranknBeans

We have never sailed the Spirit but are looking at a Med. cruise.

Having sailed most other NCL ships and have always had aft cabins.

However the Spirit doesn't have them so what is the next best balcony cabin and deck to consider thanks.

So, looking at the deck plans I see a cabin on deck 10 cabin 10686 which looks huge and IIRC someone on here always tries to get that cabin b/c it's larger than most others on the little Spirit.

I think it's KiethJenner who likes this cabin but could be wrong. Anyway I think the only other thing would be a suite and those seem expensive to me.

Found this youtube of this very cabin:

enjoy! ;)

Edited by All-ready2cruise
Found youtube

We have never sailed the Spirit but are looking at a Med. cruise.

Having sailed most other NCL ships and have always had aft cabins.

However the Spirit doesn't have them so what is the next best balcony cabin and deck to consider thanks.

We too have never cruised on the Spirit but will be next year for the first time. We chose a midship balcony (BA) on Deck 10 so as to have cabins directly above and below. I noticed on the deck plans too that there seems to be very few cabins on this ship without connecting doors. We were able to snag one of those. If you are interested in that scenario, on Deck 10 those cabins are: 10572, 10576, 10612 and 10616 on the port side and 10072, 10076, 10112 and 10116 on the starboard side.

So, looking at the deck plans I see a cabin on deck 10 cabin 10686 which looks huge and IIRC someone on here always tries to get that cabin b/c it's larger than most others on the little Spirit.

I think it's KiethJenner who likes this cabin but could be wrong. Anyway I think the only other thing would be a suite and those seem expensive to me.

Yes, I always try to get that cabin, although I've only managed to book it once as its not been available. I think it's already gone for the 2018 Spirit cruise I'm looking at booking.

Other than that, as others have said, the other balcony rooms seem to be very similar. Many are connecting. When booking the Spirit, if my preferred cabin has gone then I just go by location (near stairs and cabins above and below).

Edited by KeithJenner

I searched for a non connecting cabin for our Dec. 2015 cruise on the spirit and was able to book one of them, then I looked at the suite prices closer to the cruise date and switched to the forward corner suite (even though aft facing is our favorite) the suite was wonderful, it had a balcony on the front and also on the side off the separate bedroom and a guest half bath near the entrance door, our butler was amazing as well as the concierge, book a balcony with cabins above and below and then watch the suite prices if they are not already booked, the cabin was so worth the extra $$$$.

Some one was kind enough to post these photos of the suite, pictures don't do it justice.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/contributor-album.php?c=Mark%20Mauno&ship=Norwegian%20Spirit

Edited by coscab

We too have never cruised on the Spirit but will be next year for the first time. We chose a midship balcony (BA) on Deck 10 so as to have cabins directly above and below. I noticed on the deck plans too that there seems to be very few cabins on this ship without connecting doors. We were able to snag one of those. If you are interested in that scenario, on Deck 10 those cabins are: 10572, 10576, 10612 and 10616 on the port side and 10072, 10076, 10112 and 10116 on the starboard side.

We are just off the Spirit. She's going in for a major dry dock in January. Chatter says that after inspecting the ship, FDR decided to spend more money and extend her dry dock a few weeks. I suspect that the Chinese decor selected by the chairman and his wife is soon to be history. It will be interesting to see her next year.

Well we were able to book 10686 for 3/25/2018.

However I'm now concerned about noise and kids running by cabin to get to wet and wild area as this is Easter time frame and still checking out spring break dates as well.

Interesting tidbit of information is, just because the cabin is not showing on website doesn't mean that its not available as I found out booking 10686 and calling PCC.

Edited by FranknBeans

However I'm now concerned about noise and kids running by cabin to get to wet and wild area as this is Easter time frame and still checking out spring break dates as well.

Interesting tidbit of information is, just because the cabin is not showing on website doesn't mean that its not available as I found out booking 10686and call PCC.

We can usually see all the available cabins on the UK site. Anyway, I know for a fact that it isn't available for the 2018 cruise we will be booking, because you have it. :)

That corridor is crazy for kids running up and down it, by the way. I'd cancel it in about a months time if I were you. :)

Seriously though, we never had any problem with noise, although I have heard it mentioned before. If keep it if I were you, but if you do decide to cancel it then wait until June, when I get back from the Epic with cruise credits and let me know.

We can usually see all the available cabins on the UK site. Anyway, I know for a fact that it isn't available for the 2018 cruise we will be booking, because you have it. :)

That corridor is crazy for kids running up and down it, by the way. I'd cancel it in about a months time if I were you. :)

Seriously though, we never had any problem with noise, although I have heard it mentioned before. If keep it if I were you, but if you do decide to cancel it then wait until June, when I get back from the Epic with cruise credits and let me know.

Will do I've made a note of your request.

I searched for a non connecting cabin for our Dec. 2015 cruise on the spirit and was able to book one of them, then I looked at the suite prices closer to the cruise date and switched to the forward corner suite (even though aft facing is our favorite) the suite was wonderful, it had a balcony on the front and also on the side off the separate bedroom and a guest half bath near the entrance door, our butler was amazing as well as the concierge, book a balcony with cabins above and below and then watch the suite prices if they are not already booked, the cabin was so worth the extra $$$$.

Some one was kind enough to post these photos of the suite, pictures don't do it justice.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/contributor-album.php?c=Mark%20Mauno&ship=Norwegian%20Spirit

Which suite number was this, with the forward *and* side balcony?

It sounds like the OS on the Jewel Class ships, but I can't find anything like that on the NCL deckplans for the Spirit.

The NCL deckplans' floor plans aren't always accurate...

Thanks!

Which suite number was this, with the forward *and* side balcony?

It sounds like the OS on the Jewel Class ships, but I can't find anything like that on the NCL deckplans for the Spirit.

The NCL deckplans' floor plans aren't always accurate...

Thanks!

It appears to be the corner suite 10502 on Deck 10. When I was looking at the link to the photos that coscab posted, that person who posted the photos referenced at the bottom under the photos that it's also known as the Singapore Suite and it's directly under the ship's bridge. Looks like a beautiful suite! Very well maintained.

It appears to be the corner suite 10502 on Deck 10. When I was looking at the link to the photos that coscab posted, that person who posted the photos referenced at the bottom under the photos that it's also known as the Singapore Suite and it's directly under the ship's bridge. Looks like a beautiful suite! Very well maintained.

Thanks so much.

This is good to know :)

Thanks so much.

This is good to know :)

I just priced that suite for my cruise a year from now as it's still available. It is over $14,000 :eek: Too rich for my blood. So, guess I will have to hope the price comes way down closer to the cruise date to even consider it.

Interesting tidbit of information is, just because the cabin is not showing on website doesn't mean that its not available as I found out booking 10686 and calling PCC.

We were two cabins down years ago and had the same concern. Was not an issue. All was quite the entire trip.

I just priced that suite for my cruise a year from now as it's still available. It is over $14,000 :eek: Too rich for my blood. So, guess I will have to hope the price comes way down closer to the cruise date to even consider it.

I don't know who books these suites at that price but I guess someone does. I booked an family inside (rooms are bigger than balcony cabins) but have watched the suite price for a year now for our August cruise and the price has not gone down, only up. We're now inside final payment and they have not dropped. Combine that with airfare and it's too crazy. Maybe the suites are booked by Europeans who don't have the added airfare.

That is the correct suite, I waited for the price to drop, it was a seven day cruise and we paid just under 4000. I think it was over 6500. when I first looked, it came with 4 perks at the time and was well worth the extra money, I think it was about 1800. more than the balcony cabin we had booked.

We tipped the room steward, butler and concierge very generously but they were really exceptional, so overall it does add more to the cost.