Anyone have photos of R Class cabin #8000?

Islandattorney

I'm just day-dreaming ahead of a cruise on Serena in August and trying to visualize this cabin, which seems to be the furthest forward on the port side on deck 8. I can't tell what's next to it or if view from balcony would be blocked to the right. Since these R's are all alike, I was thinking someone might have pictures from one of the sisters of the same cabin. Anyone out there have such a thing? Thanks...

since the bridge is ahead of that cabin the bridge wing may block any view if you are leaning over to look forward

deck 6 is above the blue line

I am guessing that #8000 is after the round windows

i-L397bwB-M.jpg

Edited by LHT28

I'm just day-dreaming ahead of a cruise on Serena in August and trying to visualize this cabin, which seems to be the furthest forward on the port side on deck 8. I can't tell what's next to it or if view from balcony would be blocked to the right. Since these R's are all alike, I was thinking someone might have pictures from one of the sisters of the same cabin. Anyone out there have such a thing? Thanks...

Hi

We spent 28 days in 8000 on Regatta a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it! I can't remember there being a problem with the view from the balcony - I know we could see into the bridge. The bridge stick out bit was far enough away that it didn't cause any obstruction.

It was a very quiet room with few people going by the door. The Chief Engineer was in the next room (first round window on the photo) - we never heard him despite his hobby was playing rock guitar :D.

We would definitely want this room if we booked on an R ship again.

Brenda

The bridge stick out bit was far enough away that it didn't cause any obstruction.

235341.jpg

Nautical Term of the Day:

The Bridge Wing is a narrow walkway, either open air or enclosed, which extends outward from the pilot house on a ship to the outside edges of the vessel or beyond. Commonly fitted with auxiliary steering and engine controls, the bridge wings provide an optimal visual position for close maneuvering of the ship.

The ship's main wheel and other vital controls are typically located within the navigation bridge, which is situated to provide a good view of the bow.

b_070146.jpg

The ship's flanking outer hull will not be visible from the bridge if the ship is of any significant size.

may usually be achieved.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8juMpMf6l3Yna2_q5Dra39PV1wzSGhK7gC7xM0G8LdpfqZehVnorwegian_breakaway_04_copyright_norwegian_cruise_line-640x480.jpgSun%20Princess%20190608%20%200129.JPG