Anchorage: Attractions Near NCL Hospitality Center and/or Airport?

3Fluffies

I'm arriving in Anchorage via the Seward scenic train around noon on disembarkation day (a weekday), and my flight is around 7:30 pm.

Any recommendations for brief(ish) attractions or excursions or easy site-seeing transportation (i.e. hop-on-hop-off) that are in the immediate vicinity of the airport or NCL's Hospitality Center?

Already there. :-)

But the plausibility of doing many of these things from the "home base" of the airport or hospitality center isn't always clear from Trip Advisor or official websites, and I'm interested in hearing from other people who've disembarked and flown home from Anchorage about what activities they enjoyed.

Already there. :-)

But the plausibility of doing many of these things from the "home base" of the airport or hospitality center isn't always clear from Trip Advisor or official websites, and I'm interested in hearing from other people who've disembarked and flown home from Anchorage about what activities they enjoyed.

Make a list of Anchorage sites/activities that interest you most then use mapquest or google maps to find their proximity to airport.

Even if you go into downtown a cab will only be about $25 each way ...

Or price a rental car for the 5 hrs you have. It may be a cheaper alternative to cab rides and tours. Within an hour of the airport is Wildlife Conservation Center, Alyeska Resort, Portage Lake/Glacier, Byron Glacier, Potters Marsh boardwalk .....

http://www.alaska.org/guide/turnagain-arm-drive

Edited by mapleleaves