Lamb

sharkaymon

I see one of the selections on the Steakhouse menu is Lamb Chops. :) I love lamb but I need some recommendations before I order it because the Surf and Turf and the Broiled Lobster Tail are also being considered.

We love lamb and my husband ordered it in the steak house and left most of it and wouldn't order it again. The lamb I order from our local HEB is much better.

I have ordered the lamb twice on Carnivals ships. Once it was excellent the other I, like jst's hubby, left most on my plate. I have never been disappointed with the lobster. Sea Bass has always been excellent. Fillet, the quality has been all over the place. One evening on the Freedom I had the fillet and could not have asked for a better steak. A few nights later I ordered it again and was so disappointed.

I see one of the selections on the Steakhouse menu is Lamb Chops. :) I love lamb but I need some recommendations before I order it because the Surf and Turf and the Broiled Lobster Tail are also being considered.

You mention 3 great entrees - thinking this is your 1st visit to the Steakhouse, so why not order the surf and turf? Both are smaller than the individual entree size, but you get two complimentary flavors.

The broiled lobster is excellent, but aa little monotonous on the final bites; the lamb, when done medium rare is very flavorful, but one cannot "gnaw", or should not gnaw, on the bones in the restaurant.

The lamb in the steak house is soooooooooooo delicous, if we only go once that is what I order, they are juicy, slightly rare and so tender, just perfect <3 I totally recommend! I got the broiled Lobster tail once, but it was broiled which made it kind of tough, I love my lobster just perfectly done, juicy and sweet, so the Lobster isn't for me in the steakhouse. JMO but you asked :D

Lamb in the steakhouse is excellent.

Look on the buffet. Lamb is usually carved one day, usually lunch.

The braised lamb shanks in the MDR are usually very grisly, we don't order those anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Lamb in the steakhouse is excellent.

Look on the buffet. Lamb is usually carved one day, usually lunch.

The braised lamb shanks in the MDR are usually very grisly, we don't order those anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have found lamb on cruise ships to be fatty and often too much gristle. Kind of nature of the beast.

I usually order the lamb at the steakhouse but will now not do so on the carnival Conquest. For some reason the steakhouse on that ship has problems getting the lamb right. I have ordered it a couple of times now on that ship and not will only order the steak. The cowboy steak on the Conquest in Jan. was really good.

tigercat

Hubby and I have both always loved everything we have ordered from Steakhouse! I am a big beef fan but I will tell you the lamb was at least as good as any beef I have had at the Steakhouse. I will definitely get it again!

I also love lamb! I ordered it for my first steak house visit on the Dream. I do the surf but not the turf so that was an easy out for me. I also live in Maine so could forego the lobster tail. I know it isn't making your choice easier but this might:

1797582_944281215599458_8910832497825514421_n.jpg?oh=97c555e6c9731d6d20dcbe146d930fb8&oe=57A30C9F

Have both

FIL got the lamb on last cruise and he said it was the best lamb he ever had. I believe he even referred to it as a lamb from God.

Wish I could give you a first hand review, but I'm more of a lobster ravioli guy.

Edited by Steve Dore

I love lamb, and I can tell you both times I had it on Carnival it was delicious! Cooked perfectly, nice and still juicy, not dried up. The presentation was even nice (see the pic above). I would definitely recommended it over the surf and turf if you like lamb. I feel like you can get surf and turf at a lot of different places, while you can't get a good serving of lamb just anywhere.

On a side note, I did have the surf and turf in the steakhouse on once occasion and I wasn't impressed. My lobster tail seemed almost dried out, and the steak was so small.