HeliPad during sailaway? (Bermuda Cruise)

JennJohnNYC

We have been fortunate to be invited to the helipad on a few cruises during sailaway, including last year from Bayonne. Does anyone know if they still invites guests onto the helipad for sailaway from Bayonne or Bermuda? I sometimes watch the web cams and have not seen anyone on the helipads in a very long time. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We have been invited to a few helipad sail always but not sure if it has been an Elite or suite perk as we have been both...Certainly on each occasion it has been by invitation.

We have been invited to a few helipad sail always but not sure if it has been an Elite or suite perk as we have been both...Certainly on each occasion it has been by invitation.

We are Elite+ and were only ivnited to the helipad once when we left Portland, ME on a Canada/New England cruise (we were Elite back than).

We have sailed to Bermuda on Summit in 2013, 2014 and 2015 and were never invited up the the helipad. Like I stated we were told it was for Suite Guests only who got the invitation.

I'm not sure this is any more than a random invitation. We were invited in Feb. 2015 when we were leaving Dominica. We weren't suite or elite at that time, however we were doing a B2B. Another couple we spoke with on the helipad were sailing for their first time. A selection of beverages and appetizers were served. Quite a unique experience but you are turned away if wearing open toe shoes so be prepared.

Edited by santa24

We are Elite +

Sailed in a Suite - and everything else in between and never been invited to the Helipad but then did the Captain's Table 6 times and had dinner with the Captain in his own quarters which I know only a very few of us have ever done. It does pay to know the Captain personally.

Scouser

We've been out there once. Invited many times but never have gone again. Probably I'm in the minority but we find it positively underwhelming.

Better views elsewhere -- like my own balcony! Less crowded too.

We were on The Millennium in March, we were invited to the helipad and Michaels Club Concierge told us that it was the Captains decision who were invited. On this occasion it was elites and suites and was very hectic! We turned back and watched from our balcony. Everyone in open toe shoes were turned away, citing health and safety reasons, as they would be walking in areas normally reserved for crew only.

We were on The Millennium in March, we were invited to the helipad and Michaels Club Concierge told us that it was the Captains decision who were invited. On this occasion it was elites and suites and was very hectic! We turned back and watched from our balcony. Everyone in open toe shoes were turned away, citing health and safety reasons, as they would be walking in areas normally reserved for crew only.

Was that the sailaway from Singapore? We are Elite +, were in a suite and at the beginning of a B2B2B and didn't get the invitation. We suspect the reason was that we were assigned the suite 3 days before sailing and the invitation probably went to our old cabin.

We have been invited 5 or 6 times for sailaways at the Helipad and it is always a treat.

On Eclipse in November the entire ship was invited, as we sailed out of Bermuda. The reason I know it was the entire ship was because the invitation was in the daily. We didn't go to that one as it was too windy.

Was that the sailaway from Singapore? We are Elite +, were in a suite and at the beginning of a B2B2B and didn't get the invitation. We suspect the reason was that we were assigned the suite 3 days before sailing and the invitation probably went to our old cabin.

We have been invited 5 or 6 times for sailaways at the Helipad and it is always a treat.

On Eclipse in November the entire ship was invited, as we sailed out of Bermuda. The reason I know it was the entire ship was because the invitation was in the daily. We didn't go to that one as it was too windy.

WOW, I can just see 2,000 pax out on the helipad for sail away, all drinking a glass of champagne. :eek: I'm sure that was a typo in the daily. LOL.

We were out there once, and it was very, very windy. Couldn't help but notice all the women whose roots were showing. :rolleyes:

Edited by Wine-O

I did see the recent post about the helipad from Bayonne. We have been invited three times,last year from Bayonne, Sept during glacier in Alaska and one from Dominica. We were in suites, so maybe that's the reason. I agree that they don't allow open toe shoes and the only closed toe shoes I brought were my bright pink sneakers! Bayonne was very windy but not crowded at all and fun sailing under the bridge; Dominica was very nice but Alaska was sooooooo crowded that we literally spent 5 minutes and then left to go back to our balcony. Thanks again all!

WOW, I can just see 2,000 pax out on the helipad for sail away, all drinking a glass of champagne. :eek: I'm sure that was a typo in the daily. LOL.

I agree there would not be the capacity to have everyone out on the helipad. Perhaps they knew few would accept because of the wind.

Eclipse-Today-a.jpg.eb4d657f82cc06a986e3d2be7e9287bc.jpg

We were on the Hong Kong to Singapore part of the cruise, so on the leg before yours!