shuttle from port to airport

lovemydentist

When needing a one-way ride from Port Canaveral to the Orlando airport, can anyone recommend a reliable, reasonable company? I was told that many shuttles are not permitted into the Port area due to a lack of permits.:confused:

I was told that many shuttles are not permitted into the Port area due to a lack of permits.:confused:

I can't understand why you were told that - many companies meet cruise ship passengers at the port and head to the airport. We have used Cortrans, $20.00 per person, pay when you get there (not in advance online). Excellent service, professional team.

http://www.cortrans-shuttle.com/

I would not recommend a ship's transfer - it will be highly overpriced. There is something to be said for saving money, but when all you have to do is walk outside and see where the driver is holding up the sign for your shuttle, it's not a big deal. :D

[QUOTE=Langley Cruisers;49995159] We have used Cortrans, $20.00 per person, pay when you get there (not in advance online). Excellent service, professional team.

I agree with using Cortrans. We used their services in February of this year when we got off of the Sunshine. We had rented a car pre cruise but needed a lift to MCO on disembarking. They were ready when we called and very professional in every way.

Deb

When needing a one-way ride from Port Canaveral to the Orlando airport, can anyone recommend a reliable, reasonable company? I was told that many shuttles are not permitted into the Port area due to a lack of permits.:confused:

While you will find many shuttles with great reviews, things do go wrong with the best of them. Personally speaking I feel safer with local (Canaveral/Cocoa Beach) companies for pickups at the cruise terminal towards Orlando.

Should there be a misunderstanding, it will take minutes for locals outfits to send another vehicle versus an hour for Orlando-based companies.

Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Happy Hour and 888-transportation shuttles are local with solid reputations. If you want more comfort then Executive Limo has several kinds of cars.

• 8 months later...
[QUOTE=Langley Cruisers;49995159] We have used Cortrans, $20.00 per person, pay when you get there (not in advance online). Excellent service, professional team.

I agree with using Cortrans. We used their services in February of this year when we got off of the Sunshine. We had rented a car pre cruise but needed a lift to MCO on disembarking. They were ready when we called and very professional in every way. D

Deb

Do you have to call them after you disembark? They are not there waiting outside the terminal?

I can't understand why you were told that - many companies meet cruise ship passengers at the port and head to the airport. We have used Cortrans, $20.00 per person, pay when you get there (not in advance online). Excellent service, professional team.

I would not recommend a ship's transfer - it will be highly overpriced. There is something to be said for saving money, but when all you have to do is walk outside and see where the driver is holding up the sign for your shuttle, it's not a big deal. :D

Thank you for posting the link to CorTrans. Many others have commented on them in other threads but no one else thought to post the contact info. Thanks for being so helpful.

Do you have to call them after you disembark? They are not there waiting outside the terminal?

We use the shuttle from the Radisson because we leave our car there.....but everytime we get off I have seen the Cortrans shuttle waiting there.

Verify with them to be sure, but if you ate pre booked they should be there.