How long to disembark in SF?

cincy_jt

We are supposed to disembark in SF on the Grand at 7am and I made a reservation for Alcatraz at 9:10. How long does disembarkation usually take? Is there a chance we won't make it over there in time? Thanks!

7 am is awfully early for debarkation. It is usually more like 7:30 or8 when it starts. First off are usually those doing self debarkation (ie, carrying off all their stuff). Last group is about 10am or so.

I'd suggest making the Alcatraz reservation a bit later if possible, say 10:00 am or so. What are you going to be doing with your luggage as you certainly do not want to be taking it with you to Alcatraz?

We are supposed to disembark in SF on the Grand at 7am and I made a reservation for Alcatraz at 9:10. How long does disembarkation usually take? Is there a chance we won't make it over there in time? Thanks!

If you take early walk off that should begin around 7:30 or 8. If it's 8 Allow about 15 to 30 mins to get through immigration plus another 15 min walk to pier 33, Alcatraz boats. It can be close at 9:10. The Alcatraz pier is just a short walk from Pier 27. My question, what will you do with your luggage? Do you have a car parked nearby? Have you allowed time to store your luggage someplace?

I appreciate all the good advice. I was planning to use the Princess service that will take luggage directly from the ship to the airport for a flight later that day. I thought I had read about that on this forum but if I'm wrong then I would definitely need to find an alternative for storing our luggage. Any recommendations?

I appreciate all the good advice. I was planning to use the Princess service that will take luggage directly from the ship to the airport for a flight later that day. I thought I had read about that on this forum but if I'm wrong then I would definitely need to find an alternative for storing our luggage. Any recommendations?

There's a business at Pier 39 that will store your luggage. I saw it the last time we were at Pier 39. Do a google search, I also read about it here at CC.

also here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1813870

Edited by elliair

I would check with Princess to see if EZ Check is offered at San Francisco and if yes if your airline is included.