Just back from Fantasy-must read

jkneern

My 2 sisters and I surprised our Mother and took her on a 4 day cruise from Miami to KW and Cozumel. We are in our 50's and mom is 70. We are all platinum and mom reached her milestone on this trip. We always enjoy time away just the girls and boy did we laughter and had a great time. We also splurged for the cheers package and although we weren't falling over drunk, we got our money's worth.

I will start with the ship- updates looked great, the gaudy neon is gone and is now done in soft muted tans and soft whites. She looks pretty. Lots of painting and replaced carpets were most notable. New tables in the dining areas and buffets. Pool is pretty much the same withe the exception of guys burgers and blue cantina. The wok is gone. All in all the ship is clean and looks nice.

So when we originally booked the room we went with an inside on deck 8 midship. We have done the inside room and has been fine for us. About a week before we sailed, the good old upsell fairy called and offered the grand suite for an extra $500. We said what the heck and did it.

So now our room- we arrive and the air conditioned was on. We went out to the balcony to just take a quick peek. When we walked back into the room the humidity had steamed all the mirrors up. Not sure which previous guest wrote on the mirrors but it was someone's birthday and had some choice wording to go along with it.....the mirrors obviously weren't cleaned. No ice bucket even after asking several times for one. The mini bars are now empty to be used as a refrigerator. We had 2 new beds and we're comfortable, but where were the other 2 of us to sleep??? The cabin Stewart came in and pulled out the sleep sofa but the 1inch thick mattress didn't fit it. If you sat on it you got the bar up your butt. He knew it wasn't except able but didn't think they had another mattress to switch it out. We told him a roll away cart could work ( said they only had 1). The brought the cot and well this mattress was worse. I went to customer service to see if they could help and I was told they don't usually book those rooms for 4 people???? Well then why did they call us for the upgrade. the next morning we were met by the hotel manager who profusely apologized and assured he would fix the problem while we were at dinner........never happened. I tried to call him and never returned the call. Long and short we had a cabin that couldn't accommodate all of us. Disappointment!!

While I'm at it I'll share the pool scene- security officers everywhere.

I have never seen so many young20's on a cruise much worse than spring break. They dominated the pools and became obnoxiously drunk as the day went on. I saw chicken fights, diving head first(into shallow water), flips and back flips one landing on a child. Guess what the security officer did? Yup nothing!

The bar waiters circled the pools just serving and serving until few had to be removed.

If any of you moms out there are reading this I pray your daughters weren't on this cruise. I would have been mortified. Bathing suit tops kept flying off and the girls were pulling each other's bottoms down. Can you say people watching. I have never seem anything like it. But worse was security really didn't care what was going on.

Wish they had kept an adult pool in the back- which is now waterworks. The weather was beautiful so everyone wanted to be around the pool, just not enough room.

Just wanted to share my latest experience. We had a great time because it was about us. Others obviously were discussed and disappointed especially the ones with small kids.

So will we cruise with Carnival again.......yea for sure. They can't be responsible for the people who sail or if the weather doesn't cooperate but.......they can control that I have an adequate place to sleep!!!

If anyone has questions just ask.....happy sailing to all.

You should contact these people regarding the room situation. Maybe they will compensate you or try to resolve the issue. The vacation has ended but Carnival should have an opportunity to make it right.

Stefan Christoffersson

VP of Onboard Guest Services

3655 NW 87th Avenue

Miami, FL 33178-2418

(954) 217-9216

schristoffersson@carnival.com

Mark Tamis

Senior Vice President of Guest Operations

3655 NW 87th Avenue

Miami, FL 33178-2418

(305) 599-2600

mtamis@carnivalcruiselines.com

FTR, Fantasy-class ships never had an adult pool. They had a kiddie pool aft, which is where Serenity Deck is now. That's where I hang out. There are two hot tubs back there. Not terribly serene (yes, even older people drink too much and cram too many people into hot tubs and then bellow at the top of their lungs to the person sitting 2 feet away). Still, better than the main pool area, imho.

I would certainly expect an upgrade to be to a cabin that would accommodate the number of passengers booked! But then, I would've opened up a browser and asked what cabin I was being booked into and checked to be sure it would do so before I paid to upgrade. Because I'm like that. ;)

The suites have the queen/twin bed set up and a pull out couch for 2 people. Technically it does sleep 4, the 3rd and 4th beds just suck.

As for the behaviour of the girls - I have to ask, "so what?" Sexuality, playfulness, cutting loose - there's nothing wrong with that. Women don't have to be demure little mice - they have the right and ability to have fun. No one needs to "pray" for these girls, people need to just stop being so judgemental.

We were on the Fantasy several years ago, one of our best cruises. :)

That's too bad the sleeping arrangements were bad, and it sounds like the passengers made for some interesting people watching. Glad you were able to have a good time though with your sisters and your Mom. One thing I will say, travel with your Mom as long as you possibly can. The memories are priceless. I have been fortunate to do some traveling with my Mom too (renting cabins in the upper peninsula of Michigan, short local trips for several of her birthdays, a week at Disneyworld, and a Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas cruise) and I don't regret them for a minute. She now lives in a nursing home (had a stroke last fall, she will be 79 next week) so our traveling days together are over and I'm just so thankful for the memories we made on our trips. :)

My 2 sisters and I surprised our Mother and took her on a 4 day cruise from Miami to KW and Cozumel. We are in our 50's and mom is 70. We are all platinum and mom reached her milestone on this trip. We always enjoy time away just the girls and boy did we laughter and had a great time. We also splurged for the cheers package and although we weren't falling over drunk, we got our money's worth.

I will start with the ship- updates looked great, the gaudy neon is gone and is now done in soft muted tans and soft whites. She looks pretty. Lots of painting and replaced carpets were most notable. New tables in the dining areas and buffets. Pool is pretty much the same withe the exception of guys burgers and blue cantina. The wok is gone. All in all the ship is clean and looks nice.

So when we originally booked the room we went with an inside on deck 8 midship. We have done the inside room and has been fine for us. About a week before we sailed, the good old upsell fairy called and offered the grand suite for an extra $500. We said what the heck and did it.

So now our room- we arrive and the air conditioned was on. We went out to the balcony to just take a quick peek. When we walked back into the room the humidity had steamed all the mirrors up. Not sure which previous guest wrote on the mirrors but it was someone's birthday and had some choice wording to go along with it.....the mirrors obviously weren't cleaned. No ice bucket even after asking several times for one. The mini bars are now empty to be used as a refrigerator. We had 2 new beds and we're comfortable, but where were the other 2 of us to sleep??? The cabin Stewart came in and pulled out the sleep sofa but the 1inch thick mattress didn't fit it. If you sat on it you got the bar up your butt. He knew it wasn't except able but didn't think they had another mattress to switch it out. We told him a roll away cart could work ( said they only had 1). The brought the cot and well this mattress was worse. I went to customer service to see if they could help and I was told they don't usually book those rooms for 4 people???? Well then why did they call us for the upgrade. the next morning we were met by the hotel manager who profusely apologized and assured he would fix the problem while we were at dinner........never happened. I tried to call him and never returned the call. Long and short we had a cabin that couldn't accommodate all of us. Disappointment!!

While I'm at it I'll share the pool scene- security officers everywhere.

I have never seen so many young20's on a cruise much worse than spring break. They dominated the pools and became obnoxiously drunk as the day went on. I saw chicken fights, diving head first(into shallow water), flips and back flips one landing on a child. Guess what the security officer did? Yup nothing!

The bar waiters circled the pools just serving and serving until few had to be removed.

If any of you moms out there are reading this I pray your daughters weren't on this cruise. I would have been mortified. Bathing suit tops kept flying off and the girls were pulling each other's bottoms down. Can you say people watching. I have never seem anything like it. But worse was security really didn't care what was going on.

Wish they had kept an adult pool in the back- which is now waterworks. The weather was beautiful so everyone wanted to be around the pool, just not enough room.

Just wanted to share my latest experience. We had a great time because it was about us. Others obviously were discussed and disappointed especially the ones with small kids.

So will we cruise with Carnival again.......yea for sure. They can't be responsible for the people who sail or if the weather doesn't cooperate but.......they can control that I have an adequate place to sleep!!!

If anyone has questions just ask.....happy sailing to all.

Looks like i missed a good one Hope my July cruise is just as good ..