Southampton Luggage Porterage

Tothesunset

We will be arriving at the Southampton Cruise Terminal by taxi and I understand that the taxis pull up at the point at which luggage is collected for onward transmission onto the ship.

I have a simple question - is there a charge for this or do the porters expect a tip? I ask only to know if I should have some cash to hand and, if so, how much?

They won't expect a tip. They'll ask you what's being checked and what you are carrying on and it'll be out the boot of the car and whisked away within about 30 seconds of your arrival

I have a simple question - is there a charge for this or do the porters expect a tip? I ask only to know if I should have some cash to hand and, if so, how much?

Outward bound, tips are not expected, but if you use them when you return, then a tip is expected.

We will be arriving at the Southampton Cruise Terminal by taxi and I understand that the taxis pull up at the point at which luggage is collected for onward transmission onto the ship. I have a simple question - is there a charge for this or do the porters expect a tip? I ask only to know if I should have some cash to hand and, if so, how much?
I agree with everyone above; tip not expected by the porters at Southampton.

Have a great time on board! :)

Those Southampton porters are thorough gentlemen and don't even expect a tip, however, I'm more than happy to offer them a pound or two. Unlike those intimidating guys at Brooklyn cruise terminal :mad:

Edited by Bell Boy

We will be arriving at the Southampton Cruise Terminal by taxi and I understand that the taxis pull up at the point at which luggage is collected for onward transmission onto the ship.

Good morning.

As has been already stated, tipping is not expected but is always appreciated.

27088339605_6d9be7b6ec_z.jpg

I always give something, usually a couple of pounds: it's no big deal.

From the above photograph you will see many taxis arriving at Ocean Terminal. At peak times there is often a bit of a 'logjam' of cases at the luggage chutes.

A quick word to your porter, of the essence that you'd like your luggage expedited, will generally see your luggage go to the head of the logjam.

It's a game really. ;);)

Those Southampton porters are thorough gentlemen and don't even expect a tip, however, I'm more than happy to offer them a pound or two. Unlike those intimidating guys at Brooklyn cruise terminal :mad:

As I have just stated above Bell Boy, I'm with you all the way.

It's only money after all.;);)