What I hate about an X cruise...

Danno

for it's Diamond & Diamond+ members. 20 minutes of Net access, not 10 like "X". Free booze 5-9PM and they do double shots per friends, "X" watered down booze at a Captain's party. Free tours 7 excursions, plenty of discounts ($200 off balcony+ for Diamond $300 for Diamond +) over 55, early booking which "X" you book 14 months out & watch the price rise to enjoy a discount.

Granted "X" has CC, the free champagne at boarding, but the Loyalty Dept has heard plenty about how cheap they are to the high members. I vote for 10# of laundry FREE, cocktails from 5-9PM for Elite, free Net access for Elite, etc.

The bottled water they are trying to sale you in the dining room. I mean "please" get rid of that!!!!

Garry

Is this carbonated or still? We ate in a restaurant recently and they asked for drink orders and we said we just wanted water to start. We actually had the choice of four waters, none of which was tap. Yikes.

Is this carbonated or still? We ate in a restaurant recently and they asked for drink orders and we said we just wanted water to start. We actually had the choice of four waters, none of which was tap. Yikes.

I don't remember seeing carbonated water. There definitely was just plain old water. After the second night, I told him not to bother us anymore, that we were perfectly happy with tap water. We never saw him again.;)

Garry

I don't remember seeing carbonated water. There definitely was just plain old water. After the second night, I told him not to bother us anymore, that we were perfectly happy with tap water. We never saw him again.;)

Garry

Good for you. Would it be wrong of me, when they offer bottled water, to say [loudly] "why? Isn't the Ship's water safe to drink?"

I did not see the water sellers either on our two X cruises. Our wine steward was overworked and had too many tables to serve efficiently. I'd like to see X offer dessert souffles in the dining room like Princess does. And 24-hour pools (or at least extended pool hours). Larger pools would be nice. (We've only sailed on Century class ships, so don't know how the newer ships' pools compare.)

Good for you. Would it be wrong of me, when they offer bottled water, to say [loudly] "why? Isn't the Ship's water safe to drink?"

LOL.:D Go for it, and report back what they had to say.;) I like the tap water.

Garry

Last time I joined in one of your posts just saying what I didnt like and having a bit of fun - I got torched ..........

So I just wanted to say all cruise lines are wonderful (even if I haven't been on them all) and I have no complaints at all about anything (just a personal opinion - I like the Celebrity art work - and I probably would like art work on all the other ships on all the other lines too!

Is that OK with everyone?

Tony

On both the Millenium and the Infinity, we were asked the first night what our preference was for water. When we said Tap, that's what we got after that and were never again asked.

I'm trying to think of something I don't like, but haven't found it yet. I'll let you know if I come up with anything. (Ok, so I'm easy to please, what can I say)

Seriously, the "art work" on the Millennium was horrid. Framed microphone...hate to tell you what I thought it was the first time I walked by it. :o And those Budda-like sculptures with the faces punched in??? What is with that? Oh, yeah and the framed, rolled up wrapping paper? And the little humans in over-alls....wondered where the rest of the wibbles farm was!! :D

Someone said to me that they wondered if they ran out of money after building the ship and turned the art work over to the Children's Adventure program or maybe they just framed things that were left behind by the building crew?

Our Millennium cruise was so wonderful but at times the art work was a little grating.

In light of the heterogeneous nature of the population aboard their ships, I think Celebrity does an amazing job of providing a cruise experience that almost every passenger enjoys!
You said it! So true. Not even hating the art in the stairwells, and it IS dreadfull, is going to affect me having a great cruise!

Andrew

Who picks the art. Is it someone from the corporate office that doesn't know art. Is it some modern art guru that doesn't understand what the general public enjoys as art. It seems pretty unanimous that the art is weird. Who do we talk to to change it for the next generation of ships.

The weeds under glass on the Constellation are definitely unique.

I cruise to get away from gardening and the Constellation acts like weeds are art. Now if only I could convince my neighbors of the same thing, I would have a virtual Louvre. :D

Archived