RCCL St Petersburg Shore Excursions

I'll be on the Vision of the Seas in St. Petersburg from 7AM and leaving the following day at 6PM.

Anyone has done the Moscow shore excursion with RCCL? If so, it is possible to book the Moscow day trip on Day 1 and book a shore excursion of St Petersburg on Day 2?

Is the shore excursion to Moscow on RCCL by plane or train?

Pretty sure all Moscow trips are 2 day trips- an overnight in Moscow.

No, they are day trips for cruise passengers as no one has a visa to stay overnight in Moscow. We looked into this for our trip coming up in June. The 3 day port stays usually do a train round trip on the second day. The 2 day port stops can't catch an early enough train so they fly there on the first day and either train or plane back to St. Petersburg. I wouldn't recommend it for a 2 day stop if it's your first time in St. Petersburg. Just researching the things to see and do there will give you sensory overload.

No, they are day trips for cruise passengers as no one has a visa to stay overnight in Moscow. We looked into this for our trip coming up in June. The 3 day port stays usually do a train round trip on the second day. The 2 day port stops can't catch an early enough train so they fly there on the first day and either train or plane back to St. Petersburg. I wouldn't recommend it for a 2 day stop if it's your first time in St. Petersburg. Just researching the things to see and do there will give you sensory overload.

Ok, thanks. Learn something new every day.

I'm sure it is tempting to visit both Moscow and SPB, but having been to both cities, I would say that SPB is WAY more interesting. Do a 2-day tour in SPB and don't waste your limited time getting to/from Moscow.