Harmony room service charges

Merion Mom, I noticed the VAT tax fine print on the bottom of the menu. For our transatlantic, VAT tax for the entire 13 days? I'm guessing yes, but this is our first TA, so I thought I'd ask an expert. :)

I don't know about TAs, but as I understand it, the VAT is added on cruises from Barcelona. What I have found is the exception is if your cruise ports at a non-EU country then the VAT only applies when in Spanish waters - so on my upcoming Brilliance cruise out of Barcelona, we go to Kotor and Montenegro is non-EU, so we only have VAT when in Spanish waters. But a cruise out of Barcelona that hits only EU countries would have it the whole time.

Based on that I would think that the TAs out of Barcelona would only have it when in Spanish waters, but that's just a guess.

Originally Posted by logan25

I do hope (expect!) RC waives the service charge for cabins which have been quarantined. Otherwise, I would be taking action upon my return to dry land.

Why are you "inventing" problems?

It is a legitimate thought and one others may have thought about as well. Not sure what the intent is for calling someone out their thought and calling it an invented problem.

In what strange parallel world did Burgers and Pizza on a cruise become 'Speciality' food?

I just read a review on the new "suite class" perks -- Sky class had the full Dining Room Menu for dinner available through Room Service. I'm not sure if there was an extra charge for that... but that is what specialty to me is haha, not burgers and pizza!

Merion Mom, I noticed the VAT tax fine print on the bottom of the menu. For our transatlantic, VAT tax for the entire 13 days? I'm guessing yes, but this is our first TA, so I thought I'd ask an expert. :)

On the Oasis Eastbound TA we had the Spanish VAT added within port and the 3 mile zone around Malaga (and of course for Barcelona which was our final destination). Should be the same for the Westbound route.

steamboats