Post cruise depression

Wolfsrule

I got home from my first cruise today and I miss it something crazy. It was a 7 day cruise on the Carnival Dream and I had some of the most fun I've ever had in my life!! Except now I feel really really bummed and as crazy as it sounds looking out a window makes me want to cry cause all I see is streets and trees. I miss the beautiful ocean something fierce (which is crazy cause pre cruise I was terrified) and we are 9 hours away from the closest beach. The gentle rock of the ship and the sound of the waves made me SO relaxed. We have another cruise booked but not till a year and I feel like I can't acclimate to land again!!

Since you have another one booked, you can enjoy the time to plan for it. We usually book about 10 months ahead. I, honestly, enjoy the planning (almost) as much as the cruise! You can google web sites about the ports you are visiting. Most places have a site when they will snail mail you brochures about their area. My husband doesn't like to view on the computer, so this is fun for him. Plus, see the excursion options and check out reviews for them on places like tripadviser. Etc....You see what I mean. Before you know it, you will be back at sea again. Oh, and be sure to set a "days till cruise clock" it's fun to watch the days count down. And if you book early saver, as we do, you need to check daily for price drops. Have fun anticipating your next cruise!:)

I can relate.

Today I sat in my driveway (it was the sunniest place), put on my headphones and turned on ocean sounds. I had a nice drink in my hand and just kicked back dreaming of vacation. (98 days away and on "your" ship, Carnival Dream)

I may have listened to Kokomo and various other catchy summer hits too but I'm not admitting to that! [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I felt the exact same way after my first cruise last fall, also on the Dream. Had PCD (post cruise depression) something fierce! Good thing I have five more booked, because I wouldn't know how to get through each day! It helps to have others to plan for.

And I also had a hard time getting used to land afterwards. I actually experienced land sickness for a full week. Never got sea sick, though. I just know that it means I am meant to be on water, not land. [emoji6]

Edited by bakersdozen12

I got home from my first cruise today and I miss it something crazy. It was a 7 day cruise on the Carnival Dream and I had some of the most fun I've ever had in my life!! Except now I feel really really bummed and as crazy as it sounds looking out a window makes me want to cry cause all I see is streets and trees. I miss the beautiful ocean something fierce (which is crazy cause pre cruise I was terrified) and we are 9 hours away from the closest beach. The gentle rock of the ship and the sound of the waves made me SO relaxed. We have another cruise booked but not till a year and I feel like I can't acclimate to land again!!

I know where you're coming from! We just started cruising in 2014 and we've already been on four - with another one scheduled for January. It's an addiction - seriously. The only way to deal with post-cruise depression is book another one.

Oh no you have it bad lol Good thing you have another one booked already. I agree start looking at it and planning for it, that year will fly by before you know it. Watch for those price changes. That is part of the fun, catching a price drop can keep you entertained and distracted while you wait and save you money in the long run.

I've heard the Dream has had a lot of problems making it to scheduled ports recently, did you experience shortened port times due to getting there late/leaving early? We are going on the Dream in Dec.

Edited by poobears

Oh no you have it bad lol Good thing you have another one booked already. I agree start looking at it and planning for it, that year will fly by before you know it. Watch for those price changes. That is part of the fun, catching a price drop can keep you entertained and distracted while you wait and save you money in the long run.

I've heard the Dream has had a lot of problems making it to scheduled ports recently, did you experience shortened port times due to getting there late/leaving early? We are going on the Dream in Dec.

We were late to Cozumel by an hour. We arrived on time for the other two ports. Apparently a engine went out and we were running on one engine most of the cruise

I can relate.

Today I sat in my driveway (it was the sunniest place), put on my headphones and turned on ocean sounds. I had a nice drink in my hand and just kicked back dreaming of vacation. (98 days away and on "your" ship, Carnival Dream)

I may have listened to Kokomo and various other catchy summer hits too but I'm not admitting to that! [emoji23][emoji23]

Hahaha. So true. I leave in 4 days and I'm already trying not to think about when it's over but I have 2 cruises booked but overa year away lol

We leave tomorrow for Alaska. We got back 2 weeks ago from a Panama Canal cruise, and have a New England cruise scheduled for October. When we get back from this cruise I'll be looking for something to tie us over between June and October. We enjoy cruising and being on the ocean. Sea days are our favorite!

We were late to Cozumel by an hour. We arrived on time for the other two ports. Apparently a engine went out and we were running on one engine most of the cruise

This has been an on going problem for quite some time but at least yours wasn't impacted much. An hour in one port isn't bad. Some have had big cuts into their port times. From what I hear they aren't planning on fixing it until Jan, think that is when it is scheduled for dry docking again. trying to decide if I want to switch our Dec cruise to another ship and take one on Dream after she's fixed.

thanks for the info

[quote name=poobears;50057176

I've heard the Dream has had a lot of problems making it to scheduled ports recently' date=' did you experience shortened port times due to getting there late/leaving early? We are going on the Dream in Dec.[/quote]

I was on this same cruise.... Back home today and nobody has made my bed.... Nobody has made me a towel animal. I had dinner tonight and reached for the bread basket. It's gonna take a few days to get back to normal.

And yes, the Dream is limping it's way to a January dry dock, the highest speed on the whole cruise was 17.6 Knotts. We were only short a couple hours in Cozumel, but we were all drunk by then anyway so all was well. Belize and Honduras were as scheduled.

There was a Coast Guard helicopter rescue of a passenger as the ship re-entered the Southwest Pass of the Mississippi River. It was a thrill to watch but we feel sad for that person and their traveling companions having to go through that.

Has anybody heard of that PAX is OK??

Yes, I get what I call CWRTW syndrome. Cruise withdrawal--return-to-work syndrome. Causes grouchiness and sadness which is very rare for me and only happens upon returning from a cruise. It starts when I get in line to debark the ship.

Helps to have others booked of course, but my next one is still 4 months away. :(

Been there. It's tough. The only remedy for me is to book another one...that or keep a pile cruise brochures on hand and pretend you are going to book one...108 days to go for me.

I know the feeling! Our Princess cruise ended on 4.10 and, well, it is still adjustment time.

Think on it, up to the cruise we're planning/getting things sorta/working out/dieting/booking flights/booking rooms and that for the vacation. Once it is over there is "nothing" to do but the daily grind doldrums.

FWIW the lack of "something" to do actually hits me the day of the cruise once we're on board. All that time set to ON and then once you're on board you really just need to set to OFF.

Of all things, the best/worst part of life is that it goes on and we either go with it or we are left behind wearing a leisure suit and KNOWING that disco was the greatest type of music! :D;)

On the last night on one of our cruises, when the wait staff was done singing "leaving on a jet plane".

The maitre D was speaking to the dining room, well, when he was done, this guy stands up from his table and takes the microphone and starts talking about how this was his first cruise and he had so much fun.

We though maybe he was drunk and was being obnoxious, he went on to thank all the staff for making this cruise so nice and he actually started to cry saying he didn't want it to end.

Turns out he wasn't drunk at all, he just had the time of his life and was so sad it was ending.

I think the song put him over the edge with emotion.

I really felt bad for him because he was just so sad.

Cruises really are an escape from our daily lives, its just so different than anything else.